Patient Comments: Dizziness - Causes

What caused your dizziness?

Comment from: Starboy, 65-74 Male Published: January 10

I was doing my morning stretches with some sit-ups as usual for the last 38 years. Suddenly, I felt so dizzy I had to hang onto the coffee table while my symptoms subsided. I could not have stood on my feet. In about a minute, the dizziness declined, but any time I bent over or looked up it returned. I still feel strange and fragile. The room wasn't spinning; the dizziness was inside my brain. I am 67, healthy, strong and live a physically active lifestyle. I have slightly elevated blood pressure: I take one 81mg aspirin/day and no other medicines.

Comment from: shanora, 35-44 (Patient) Published: October 08

I started getting severely dizzy when I started on a beta blocker.

Comment from: Dizzy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 17

Its fruit harvest time again in Asia and I am getting strange symptoms. A friend told me my sore gums were caused by eating rambutans. I researched this and see they are a traditional cure for that. Also they cure hypertension. Eureka. For two weeks I have eaten about 5 rambutan a day and now can not get out of bed in the morning without nearly passing out with dizziness. Why do people say this cures hypertension without warning that in fact it reduces blood pressure. Boy are these fruit strong medication. Now I see the cause of the dizziness.

Comment from: fluorouracil 0.5 cre, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 29

I used Fluorouracil 0.5 topical cream for precancer treatment. After two weeks, I got so lightheaded and dizzy I thought I was going to pass out. Beware of this side effect, as my doctor didn't put two and two together and said cream would not have done that. Trust me – it did.

Comment from: Virgo1x, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I have been feeling dizzy for a few days and feel like I'm going to pass out. I have gone to the doctor and told him how I have been feeling, and all I get is pill after pill.

Comment from: Kimo2327, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

I am on quite a few medications including antidepressants. Today I had a really big dizziness feeling while turning my head in a grocery store. I had to turn my head back but still felt it. I had a few burgers after the feeling went away. I have prostate problems and take medication for that also. But I'm not sure what is causing it.

Comment from: cynthia, Female Published: September 12

I am fifty years old and I get dizzy every time I lay down. It lasts for about a minute.

Comment from: KathyO, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I woke up yesterday, showered, dressed and was ready for work. I suddenly became nauseous. I ran to the bathroom, but since I had not eaten, I did not bring anything up. When I went to get up, I got extremely dizzy. I went to sit on a chair, and found I needed to lie down on the floor. I began to sweat, and the dizziness overcame me. Although I did not lose conscious, I did have my eyes closed. I noticed a huge bright light with a dark circle in the middle. I then had to get up and I did get sick to my stomach. The rest of the day, I just felt like I had a hangover. I have never experienced this before.

Comment from: dynomike, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 03

I was at work, digging a trench, and suddenly got so dizzy I fell over. It was like I just got off of the tea cups at an amusement park but worse! Every time I picked my head up the spinning intensified. It really scared me. This lasted about 2-3 minutes. Luckily I was working at a fire station when this happened. All my heart readings and blood sugar came back normal. I felt like a fool, like what I was feeling was unjustified. It was not hot out and I drank plenty of water. The firemen said maybe I over-exerted myself but, I know that's not the case. I have felt like I can't catch my breath and not real sharp since. This happened this afternoon and I have not experienced any dizziness since. I don't know if this is just something that "happened" or if something is wrong. The firemen's tests were normal.

Dizziness - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?