Patient Comments: Dizziness - Causes

What caused your dizziness?

Comment from: DIZZINESS, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I am suffering from dizziness for a long time. Several investigations done, only fatty liver showed. I had CT scan of head and abdomen and consulted even an ENT doctor who advised me to have antidepressant sertraline 150mg.

Comment from: shanna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I had a root canal and still on antibiotics but I am so dizzy, I can't deal with it.

Comment from: Dmv, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 30

I often get dizzy when I stand up too quickly or really exert myself.

Comment from: Marsha, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I too have had a constant dizzy feeling 24/7 for about a yr. and a half now. I had an MRI, PT, saw an ENT, took Xanax, chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, and nothing cures it. I supposedly have Benign Positional Vertigo that just came about one day. Some days are unbearable because I just want to feel NORMAL again. Can't do anything quickly anymore! I get depressed from it at times - very discouraged that nothing helps it go away! I am only 58 and don't want this for 30 yrs. if I have that long to live! What about "Vestibular Therapy" from a PT? I really would like some answers and I like to do things naturally rather than pills that just mask the situation.

Comment from: Teresa A., 55-64 Female Published: September 27

I bumped my forehead 8 days ago. Following a mild concussion I had an MRI scan which showed a small amount of calcification to the back of my brain. My blood pressure was high following the bump.

Comment from: Leanne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I have been struggling with dizziness for about 8 years. Sometimes I get so dizzy that I can't walk. When it first happened I was sent to an ear specialist that felt my crystals in my inner ear had fallen out of place. After strapping me in a chair and flipping around, nauseated instantly I had to remain upright for 48 hours. At this point lying down was not an option, dizzy spins took over. The crystal thing didn't seem to work as I still struggle with dizziness regularly. Recently I have found out that I struggle with low blood pressure, no one has ever related the two. I guess low blood pressure is something that is in my family (distant) some days are worse than others and when I am run down, sick or overtired the vertigo gets worse. The other day I took my blood pressure and it was 103/63, I am a 46 year old women.

Comment from: Starboy, 65-74 Male Published: January 10

I was doing my morning stretches with some sit-ups as usual for the last 38 years. Suddenly, I felt so dizzy I had to hang onto the coffee table while my symptoms subsided. I could not have stood on my feet. In about a minute, the dizziness declined, but any time I bent over or looked up it returned. I still feel strange and fragile. The room wasn't spinning; the dizziness was inside my brain. I am 67, healthy, strong and live a physically active lifestyle. I have slightly elevated blood pressure: I take one 81mg aspirin/day and no other medicines.

Comment from: proudvet, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 07

I remember just like yesterday. I was outside with my wife when all of sudden I felt dizzy and everything was spinning. I saw stars just like in the cartoon.

Dizziness - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?