Patient Comments: Dizziness - Causes

What caused your dizziness?

Comment from: Carol, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I got up one morning and was so dizzy I could not walk without holding the wall to help me stay standing. I got nauseous and this lasted most of the day until I took something for nausea, then up and felt better eventually. This happened again about a week later, but I was sitting up and when I got up to move I was so dizzy I could not stand up. My blood pressure was up a little but not much. A week later I found out we had a gas leak in the house, which was fixed due to several leaks in the home. The gas stove line leading to pilot light, and water heater valve and the heater had a leak, and maybe the buildup created bad air and affected me, or it could be it happens when you get up in the morning. Try sleeping by yourself and see if you feel better, if that solves the problem then think about who you are sleeping with. I have been to many doctors too maybe the culprit is the bedroom.

Comment from: Anne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have been struggling with dizziness for over a year. It all started when I got a blast of hot water in my right ear at a hotel hot tub. The 1st week was vertigo at night, then dizziness during the day. The vertigo has gone but I'm left with dizziness 24/7. I have had all the tests done, nothing has helped. I recently took a transatlantic flight, and the problem has significantly worsened. I think the pressure inside the aircraft did me in. This is an unbearable way to live.

Comment from: Marie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I was feeling fine when I went to sleep. It was extremely cold in the house, and I slept in a draft, when I woke up, even my head was cold. I stood up and I was very dizzy, I had to hold onto the walls. I felt lightheaded. I take Benicar for high blood pressure.

Comment from: DIZZINESS, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I am suffering from dizziness for a long time. Several investigations done, only fatty liver showed. I had CT scan of head and abdomen and consulted even an ENT doctor who advised me to have antidepressant sertraline 150mg.

Comment from: mikey 0000, Male (Caregiver) Published: October 09

My father is a diabetic. He is really sleepy, nauseous, dizzy-headed, and lightheaded and he also has numb fingers. He is sweating a lot and his fingers and toes are swollen.

Comment from: Adam Me, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 06

I started with vertigo about 15 years ago. The doctor said that it was just vertigo, no reason behind it. Someone said here that they have low blood pressure; that is the same thing that I have and it's hereditary. Some days I don't feel it at all. However today I took a long rushed walk and when I returned back to the office, I've had major vertigo. I thought I was dehydrated and drank tons of fluids and had some tea, still no go.

Comment from: shanna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I had a root canal and still on antibiotics but I am so dizzy, I can't deal with it.

Comment from: Dmv, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 30

I often get dizzy when I stand up too quickly or really exert myself.

Dizziness - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?