Patient Comments: Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis) - Causes

What are the causes of your diverticulitis?

Comment from: glenn, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I have frequent diarrhea along with excessive gas.

Comment from: wanguy2k, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

I've had diverticulitis 4 times over the last 12 years. The first time I went to the doctor, got a CAT scan, was prescribed antibiotics for a few weeks, got cured. The second time I felt the symptoms I looked online and it was suggested try aloe juice. It cured me. I've had the symptoms a few times since then, got a cheap bottle of aloe Vera juice ($2.50) and this has cured it each time. I'm not a doctor and not suggesting you skip a doctor's visit, but the aloe cure seems to work for me after two days.

Comment from: Kris, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had a particular colonoscopy where I was pumped up too much, kept back for a long time under observation and then suddenly developed diverticular disease within 3 months of the surgery. I would like to put it out there that maybe some instances of diverticular disease are caused inadvertently when a persons colon is pumped full of air during colonoscopy procedures. If there I any weakness it may well be that over inflation will cause the rupture of the intestinal wall.

Comment from: salvador, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 15

After passing a kidney stone (right side), I was not getting better. I had three trips to the ER, two CT scans, and two ultrasounds. I had gallbladder surgery because I had stones. Now they say I have diverticulitis. I have right-sided flank pain extending to my right lower abdomen, lots of bloating, and gas. I'm on antibiotics now and waiting. I'm not angry – but these symptoms can mimic anything. Maybe it's appendicitis or Meckel's diverticulum. I'm just waiting and watching.

Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis) - Attack Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your diverticula attack?
Diverticulitis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your diverticulitis?