Patient Comments: Diverticulitis - Treatment

What was the treatment for your diverticulitis?

Published: July 22

For my diverticulitis I was on Piptax by IV for 4 days, followed by Clavulin (because of previous adverse reaction to Flagyl) for 10 days. Another flare-up from flexible sigmoidoscopy and another round of Clavulin, then attempting Flagyl again after no improvement with the Clavulin alone. Liquid diet for 3 or 4 days, followed by slowly re-introducing solids over 2-3 days.

Comment from: ablebody, 35-44 (Patient) Published: February 15

I was just told I have diverticulitis. This is very painful to say the least. I am having painful urination with this and its making me want to tear my eyes out. I was given Hydrocodine but it made me vomit. So now I don't know what to do for the pain.

Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis) - Causes Question: What are the causes of your diverticulitis?
Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis) - Attack Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your diverticula attack?