Patient Comments: Dislocated Shoulder - Cause

What caused your dislocated shoulder?

Comment from: flustered, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 05

After years and years of suffering with cramps, no appetite, nausea, diarrhea, etc., my doctor listened again to my symptoms and thought for a second only to return with a bottle of Creon and told me to take it every time I eat. I haven't had a cramp since so far, and I actually get hungry, not nauseated. I am not sure what this means for me as I recently also lost me thyroid, but Creon is helping and that points to the pancreas. It has been a mystery we've been trying to solve for a long time now. I am hoping it is only pancreatitis and not something more serious.

Comment from: jerry, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: December 15

I came home from the office on a Friday evening, got out of my car, walked thirty feet to the door to my house. I walked into the kitchen and experienced the most excruciating pain in my right arm. I had to use my left hand to raise, lower or move the arm at all. The next morning I had it x-rayed at a local health center and was told the shoulder was dislocated and to go to an emergency room. My daughter drove me 60 plus miles to a hospital where the orthopedic surgeon finally got the shoulder back in place and immobilized it. This happened September 17, 2016. The physician told me I was looking at up to four months recovery time. It has now been three months and the shoulder seems to be doing well. However my right arm is extremely weak, I cannot lift two pounds above my shoulder.

Comment from: Bary, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I never knew I had chicken pox but, when I was 15 or 16, I had a small patch of blisters break out on my left side rib cage. I didn't know they were shingles but now I have read you can get the shingle blisters at your initial chicken pox exposure and not really show other signs. Here it is some 50 years later and I had performed some yard work and thought I had strained the muscles on my rib cage. The pain was intense for about two days and the blisters appeared on my rib cage from the center of my chest around to my spine in the classic ribbon. The pain is intense. It is now about day 9 for the blisters and they seem to be starting to dry up but the horrible pain is still there. Hopefully I will be able to sleep again. I'm getting the vaccine as soon as I am over this. I can't afford a doctor so I am riding this out by myself.

Comment from: tootired, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I have a viral pneumonia but was treated with 2 antibiotics that didn't help. At first, I thought it was sinusitis but after I got sicker a chest x-ray showed infiltrate and atelectasis. Needless to say, after 3 weeks of being sick I worked sick and got worse; shortness of breath, loss of appetite and weakness. I had a CT with contrast and was found to have fluid around lungs and heart. The emergency room doctor explained I had inflammation around my lungs (pleurisy) which is pretty much why I hurt when breathing, so I am on NSAIDs and a steroid and was told to get rest and drink plenty of fluid. I also have to follow up with a cardiologist to check my heart out because of the fluid. Please, if you start to feel sick don't wait around and self-diagnose because it can get worse and get fatal.

Dislocated Shoulder - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms associated with your dislocated shoulder?
Dislocated Shoulder - Diagnosis Question: What kinds of exams or tests led to a diagnosis of a dislocated shoulder?
Dislocated Shoulder - Treatment Question: What was the treatment or therapy for your dislocated shoulder?
Dislocated Shoulder - Complications Question: What were the complications related to your shoulder dislocation?