Patient Comments: Dislocated Shoulder - Treatment

What was the treatment or therapy for your dislocated shoulder?

Comment from: Mike, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 21

I was visiting, I took out the dog as my niece did not want to do and said dog does not need it. After dog did both businesses, I decided to run back. At full speed the dog runs in front of me, I go over the dog and crash on my right elbow. The bag of dog poo in my left hand and dog survived without a touch. I got up and walked like an ape (bent over) with my arm hanging down, unable to straighten up due to pain. Three hours later in the emergency room I got it popped back in on 3rd try. Ten days later we found I had a fracture of the ball socket (humerus) so wore an immobilizing sling 6 weeks. Now I am in range of motion rehabilitation, 3 months after injury.

Comment from: Jat!n, 19-24 (Patient) Published: March 24

This is to the volleyball player who is suffering from shoulder dislocation from time to time. You need to have a surgery in which the ligaments which join the bone and socket is repaired. It is really important for you to have that surgery and you can even play volleyball after the surgery. I also dislocated my shoulder while playing volleyball and had the surgery.

Comment from: Shwartzs, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

I was born with TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder), spina bifida occulta, and a defect in shoulder that can dislocate anytime. I lose circulation or cut off circulation in shoulders while I am sleeping. Both my shoulders have been this way for my entire life. I also can't dive into water, which can cause shoulder to dislocate. I have dislocated it so many times that I can instruct anyone through relocation. But I cannot do it myself.

Comment from: AmitRaj, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I am also facing the problem of dislocation. My doctor told me that they fixed both my shoulders by using screws.

Comment from: Vetri, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: December 02

I am a volleyball player. My shoulder got dislocated during my second year in college. When I went for treatment they took an X-ray and told me that I need to take rest and that's it. After 5 months again I started playing and again my shoulder got displaced but it returned to its original position after 5 minutes. After that I quit playing volleyball and now my age is 23 and I am still facing this issue. I went to many doctors but still I didn't find a solution.

Dislocated Shoulder - Cause Question: What caused your dislocated shoulder?
Dislocated Shoulder - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms associated with your dislocated shoulder?
Dislocated Shoulder - Diagnosis Question: What kinds of exams or tests led to a diagnosis of a dislocated shoulder?
Dislocated Shoulder - Complications Question: What were the complications related to your shoulder dislocation?