diphtheria and tetanus toxoids combined (adult) Index
Tetanus is an often-fatal disease caused by nerve toxins produced by the common bacteria Clostridium tetani. In a seven-day...learn more »
In This Article
- Tetanus facts
- What is tetanus?
- Where do tetanus bacteria grow in the body?
- How does the tetanus toxin cause damage to the body?
- What is the incubation period for tetanus?
- What is the course of tetanus? What are tetanus symptoms and signs?
- Is tetanus contagious?
- What is the treatment for tetanus?
- How is tetanus diagnosed, and what is the prognosis of tetanus?
- Is it possible to prevent tetanus?
- What is the schedule for active immunization (tetanus shots)?
- What are the side effects of tetanus immunization?
- What is passive immunization (by way of specialized immunoglobulin)?