dihydroergotamine - nasal, Migranal (cont.)
OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US National Poison Hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include: severe/sudden numbness, blue or purple hands/feet, slow/difficult breathing, confusion, seizures.
NOTES: Do not share this medication with others.Laboratory and/or medical tests (such as EKG) may need to be performed to monitor your progress or check for side effects. Consult your doctor for more details.Certain foods/beverages or food additives (such as red wine, cheese, chocolate, monosodium glutamate, alcohol) as well as some lifestyle patterns (such as irregular eating/sleeping habits, stress) may bring about a migraine headache. Avoiding these "triggers" may help decrease the frequency of migraine headaches. Consult your doctor for more details.
STORAGE: Store at room temperature at 59-77 degrees F (15-25 degrees C) away from heat, light, and moisture. Do not freeze or refrigerate. Do not store in the bathroom. Discard opened nasal spray vials 8 hours after opening. Keep all medicines away from children and pets.Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Last Editorial Review: 8/24/2012
Back to Medications Index
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox FREE!