Patient Comments: Dialysis - Experience

Please describe your experience with Dialysis.

Comment from: sra113, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

I am 59 years old and in the final stages of kidney failure due to kidney disease PKD. I am terrified of dialysis or transplant and have decided that I would rather die than do either of these. I have a paralyzing fear of needles and medical procedures. I expect to have maybe 2 to 3 years left.

Comment from: Kashout, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 26

My father is 51 years old and just got out of surgery. He's strong and just got hooked up to the dialysis machine. He's tired but smiling. I am scared and hope for the best.