Patient Comments: Diabetic Neuropathy - Self-Care

Please share self-care tips that help relieve symptoms associated with diabetic neuropathy.

Comment from: dj, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 28

I was diagnosed with diabetes in April of 1980. Gradually, I have experienced lots of problems. I can't function sexually with my wife, and I have been suffering from an enlarged prostate; fungus on my feet, nails, and thumbs; am overweight, possibly due to prolonged use of insulin; have really bad neuropathy in my the feet; and hardly any feeling left in both my feet. I'm wondering if a transplant would help and if anyone has had experience with this.

Diabetic Neuropathy - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe what treatments have been effective for your diabetic neuropathy.
Diabetic Neuropathy - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your diabetic neuropathy?
Diabetic Neuropathy - Experience With Diabetic Focal Neuropathy Question: Please describe your experience with diabetic focal neuropathy.
Diabetic Neuropathy - Other Conditions Question: What other conditions did you develop with your diabetic neuropathy?