Patient Comments: Diabetic Neuropathy - Effective Treatments

Please describe what treatments have been effective for your diabetic neuropathy.

Comment from: laser, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 25

I am a diabetic for 15 years and I now have a burning in my thigh area which has been diagnosed as Diabetic Neuropathy. My blood glucose is pretty much under control for a week now.

Comment from: just me, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

The only treatment I've been given is the medication Lyrica. It eases the severe pain so I can sleep at night, but it by no means takes ALL the pain away. It's also expensive.

Comment from: cathie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I have been a diabetic for 25 years. In the past few years, the pain in my legs and feet has been unbearable. Sometimes I thought I could not even move. I was given samples of Lyrica and it seemed to help relieve some of the pain, but I could not afford it.

Comment from: Windstorm, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

My Doctor has sent me to a pain clinic to deal with the awful pain in my left hip. They are doing blocks, then a final treatment, where electric impulses deaden those nerves for up to a year. I also have pain in my left arm and carpal tunnel in the right. Please take your diabetes seriously. I didn't and now I am paying for it with pain that has about put me down.

Diabetic Neuropathy - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your diabetic neuropathy?
Diabetic Neuropathy - Experience With Diabetic Focal Neuropathy Question: Please describe your experience with diabetic focal neuropathy.
Diabetic Neuropathy - Other Conditions Question: What other conditions did you develop with your diabetic neuropathy?
Diabetic Neuropathy - Self-Care Question: Please share self-care tips that help relieve symptoms associated with diabetic neuropathy.