Patient Comments: Diabetic Neuropathy - Other Conditions

What other conditions did you develop with your diabetic neuropathy?

Comment from: cp, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 29

I have been diabetic approximately 25 years, but under control, A1C stays about 7 range. Neuropathy started about 5 years ago and I have been on Cymbalta. However, I have two symptoms that are very annoying. One is itching that seems to be deep inside my feet and I am not able to control because scratching does nothing. It eventually stops on its own. Secondly, I feel as though there is something attached to the bottoms of my feet. It feels almost hard, like cardboard or even leather, although when I touch the bottoms of the feet they feel normal. Doctors do not seem to have an answer.

Comment from: ramaray1, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

I have had diabetic neuropathy for 7 to 8 years. It started in my feet and spread up my body, and I now have it in my eyes, really painful and feels like your eyes are swollen shut. Light is bad, I have to wear sun glasses, even watching TV. I take gabapentin it helps some. But watch, it will raise your blood sugar.

Comment from: baby, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 06

I had problems walking and standing.

Diabetic Neuropathy - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe what treatments have been effective for your diabetic neuropathy.
Diabetic Neuropathy - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your diabetic neuropathy?
Diabetic Neuropathy - Experience With Diabetic Focal Neuropathy Question: Please describe your experience with diabetic focal neuropathy.
Diabetic Neuropathy - Self-Care Question: Please share self-care tips that help relieve symptoms associated with diabetic neuropathy.