Patient Comments: Diabetic Neuropathy - Other Conditions

What other conditions did you develop with your diabetic neuropathy?

Comment from: cp, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 29

I have been diabetic approximately 25 years, but under control, A1C stays about 7 range. Neuropathy started about 5 years ago and I have been on Cymbalta. However, I have two symptoms that are very annoying. One is itching that seems to be deep inside my feet and I am not able to control because scratching does nothing. It eventually stops on its own. Secondly, I feel as though there is something attached to the bottoms of my feet. It feels almost hard, like cardboard or even leather, although when I touch the bottoms of the feet they feel normal. Doctors do not seem to have an answer.

Comment from: ramaray1, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

I have had diabetic neuropathy for 7 to 8 years. It started in my feet and spread up my body, and I now have it in my eyes, really painful and feels like your eyes are swollen shut. Light is bad, I have to wear sun glasses, even watching TV. I take gabapentin it helps some. But watch, it will raise your blood sugar.

Comment from: Mushtaq Qureshi, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 27

I am about 56 years old. My problems are both my legs and hands are affected with suspected atherosclerotic vascular disease in lower limbs (feeling since 1992), which is showing in my recent CT angiography report. I am also suffering with high blood pressure and diabetes about last ten years. My two brother also are affected by the same disease. Impression of the CT is mild atherosclerotic vascular disease involving the right popliteal artery and bilateral anterior tibial arteries; however no significant vascular stenosis is found down to the level of feet. Bilateral superficial femoral arteries as well as external iliac arteries are well patent. Needs Clinical correlation. Recently I am using the following medicines; Mepresor 100 tablets, 2 times, Pletaal tablet

Comment from: baby, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 06

I had problems walking and standing.

Diabetic Neuropathy - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe what treatments have been effective for your diabetic neuropathy.
Diabetic Neuropathy - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your diabetic neuropathy?
Diabetic Neuropathy - Experience With Diabetic Focal Neuropathy Question: Please describe your experience with diabetic focal neuropathy.
Diabetic Neuropathy - Self-Care Question: Please share self-care tips that help relieve symptoms associated with diabetic neuropathy.