- Type 2 Diabetes Slideshow Pictures
- Diabetes and Foot Problems Slideshow Pictures
- Type 2 Diabetes: Test Your Medical IQ
- Patient Comments: Diabetic Diet - Experience
- Patient Comments: Diabetic Diet - Medicines
- Find a local Endocrinologist in your town
- Diabetes diet facts*
- Eating and Diabetes
- Diabetes and Blood Glucose Levels
- Your Diabetes Medicines
- Diabetes and Exercise
- Diabetes and Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia)
- Diabetes and the Food Pyramid
- How much should I eat each day?
- Meat and Meat Substitutes
- Fats and Sweets
- Diabetes and Your Meal Plan
- Diabetes and Measuring Your Food
- When You Are Sick
- How to Find More Help
Quick GuideDiabetes Pictures Slideshow: Best and Worst Meals for Diabetes-Savvy Dining
Fruit gives you energy, vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Examples of fruit include:
- Fruit juice
- Dried fruit
- Dried fruit
- Canned fruit
How much is a serving of fruit?
If you have more than one serving at a meal, you can choose different types of fruit or have two servings of one fruit.
Print out this chart. Then fill in the blanks with how many servings of fruit to have at meals and snacks.
1. How many servings of fruit do you now eat each day?
2. Go back to "How much should I eat each day" to check how many servings of fruit to have each day.
I will eat _____ fruit servings each day.
3. I will eat this many servings of fruit at
A diabetes teacher can help you with your meal plan.
What are healthy ways to eat fruit?
- Eat fruits raw or cooked, as juice with no sugar added, canned in their own juice, or dried.
- Buy smaller pieces of fruit.
- Eat pieces of fruit rather than drinking fruit juice. Whole fruit is more filling and has more fiber.
- Save high-sugar and high-fat fruit desserts such as peach cobbler or cherry pie for special occasions.