- Type 2 Diabetes Slideshow Pictures
- Diabetes and Foot Problems Slideshow Pictures
- Type 2 Diabetes: Test Your Medical IQ
- Patient Comments: Diabetic Diet - Experience
- Patient Comments: Diabetic Diet - Medicines
- Find a local Endocrinologist in your town
- Diabetes diet facts*
- Eating and Diabetes
- Diabetes and Blood Glucose Levels
- Your Diabetes Medicines
- Diabetes and Exercise
- Diabetes and Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia)
- Diabetes and the Food Pyramid
- How much should I eat each day?
- Meat and Meat Substitutes
- Fats and Sweets
- Diabetes and Your Meal Plan
- Diabetes and Measuring Your Food
- When You Are Sick
- How to Find More Help
Quick GuideDiabetes Pictures Slideshow: Best and Worst Meals for Diabetes-Savvy Dining
How to Find More Help
Diabetes Teachers (nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, and other health professionals)
- To find a diabetes teacher near you, call the American Association of Diabetes Educators toll-free at 1-800-TEAMUP4 (1-800-832-6874) or see Diabetes Educator and click on "Find a Diabetes Educator."
- To find a dietitian near you, call the American Dietetic Association's National Center for Nutrition and Dietetics toll-free at 1-800-366-1655 or see Eat Right and click on "Find a Registered Dietitian."
Medically reviewed by James Felicetta, MD; American Board of Internal Medicine with subspecialty in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Last update: 4/17/2008
SOURCE: National Institutes of Health. What I need to know about Diabetes and Eating.