Patient Comments: Diabetes Treatment - Medications

Please discuss the medications you take to manage your diabetes.

Comment from: 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 21

I am diabetic II patient from last 25 years and I take the following drugs - human insulin 30/70 20-15-15 units, Galvus 50 BD (twice daily), Eucreas 2 BD, voglibose 3 times daily. With all this medication my fasting sugar is ranging 370 to 415, more the insulin more the sugar. Metformin does not suit, it causes diarrhea. Pioglitazone causes edema.

Comment from: Tina Lyn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I was Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in 2001 and started on Avandia, a statin and an anti hypertensive. For 10 years my Hgb A1C was at 6.1mmol, but then it krept up to 7.1. Also my weight gradually crept up. A year ago I was switched to Metformin 500 mg at suppertime. I requested Victoza a subcutaneous injectable. I wanted to seriously lose weight. My appetite reduced and I used the change to make some dietary adjustments and a year later I have lost 30lbs, gotten into good eating habits and hope to lose another 20 lbs. My Hgb A1C is now 5.2Mmol, which is normal. It would be nice to get the weight down to where I could manage with diet control. I am really pleased with the results from the Victoza.

Comment from: kakaji, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 10

I am a farmer and have had diabetes since 2007. My fasting blood sugar fasting level is 210 and blood sugar PP test is 350. I take tablets and insulin to treat my diabetes.

Diabetes Treatment - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe what treatments have been effective for your diabetes.
Diabetes - Diet Question: Have you found diet, exercise, and medication effective to control your diabetes?
Diabetes Treatment - Insulin Pump Question: Do you use an insulin pump to treat your diabetes? Please describe the pros and cons of this type of treatment.
Diabetes Treatment - Insulin Pens Question: Describe how you use pre-filled insulin pens and the environment in which they are most convenient for you.