Patient Comments: Diabetes Prevention - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with diabetes?

Comment from: alan, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

I had been experiencing extreme thirst for about 2 weeks and then started having difficulty urinating. Then I started passing blood. The doctor said I had a bladder infection and was given antibiotics. He then tested my blood pressure and blood sugar which was 202. I was shocked as apart from the occasional chocolate, ice cream and peppermint for breath I don't eat sweets. I am now told to start taking Glucophage regularly, which concerns me because of the long and short term side effects. I need to explore natural avenues to sort this out.

Diabetes Prevention - Risk Factors Question: Are you concerned that you may have the risk factors for diabetes? What steps have you taken to decrease your risk?
Diabetes Prevention - Medications Question: What medications are you currently taken, or have taken in the past to help prevent type 2 diabetes?
Diabetes Prevention - Diet Question: What diet changes have you found to help lower your risk of developing type 2 diabetes?
Diabetes Prevention - Experience Question: Please share your experience with preventing diabetes, for example, diet or other lifestyle changes such as exercise.