Patient Comments: Diabetes Prevention - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with diabetes?

Comment from: alan, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

I had been experiencing extreme thirst for about 2 weeks and then started having difficulty urinating. Then I started passing blood. The doctor said I had a bladder infection and was given antibiotics. He then tested my blood pressure and blood sugar which was 202. I was shocked as apart from the occasional chocolate, ice cream and peppermint for breath I don't eat sweets. I am now told to start taking Glucophage regularly, which concerns me because of the long and short term side effects. I need to explore natural avenues to sort this out.

Diabetes Prevention - Risk Factors Question: Are you concerned that you may have the risk factors for diabetes?
Diabetes Prevention - Gestational Diabetes Risk Question: Did you have gestational diabetes and later develop type 2 diabetes? Please discuss your experience.
Diabetes Prevention - Diet Question: If you are at risk for diabetes, what changes have you made in your diet? Please share your experience.