Patient Comments: Diabetes - Test

What type of diabetes test do you use to check your blood sugar at home?

Comment from: jojonanax4, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 15

Recently, I developed a urinary tract infection. I have my diabetes under control but would like to know if the infection can cause my diabetes to spike. If anyone has an answer, it will be appreciated.

Comment from: JT3985, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I love my Freestyle Freedom Lite Meter! If there's anything better, I'd sure like to hear about it!

Comment from: veda, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 28

A blood test found I had diabetes, since then I have lost three stone in weight and only weigh just under eight stone now, too. I had another blood test last week and my doctor now tells me my kidneys are bad.

Diabetes - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of diabetes can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Diabetes - Causes Question: What was the cause of your diabetes (overweight, lack of physical activity, pregnancy, autoimmune)?
Diabetes - Acute Complication Question: What causes your blood sugar readings to spike, and what action do you take to lower them?