Patient Comments: Diabetes Insipidus - Symptoms

What were the signs or symptoms of diabetes insipidus in you, a friend, or relative?

Comment from: self diagnostic, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I have not had an official diagnosis of diabetes insipidus but severe symptoms seem to be intermittent, I feel dehydrated most of the time. But the severe symptoms usually occur if I have drunk a large amount of coffee and had something with high sugar content and then went and exercised. I might get out of the pool and urinate large volumes each time like 3 times in an hour then by the end of that hour I start feeling shaky like when your blood sugar is too low. If it is really severe I am so weak I cannot lift my arms and cannot walk. It feels like I am going to die, I just sit in my car and drink whatever is there until it passes. It is not a panic attack.

Comment from: Alex, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 15

Our daugher is 4 years old and we changed to pills (melts in mouth) and feel this works much better than the nasal spray. Our daughter got the condition without doctors able to date to give a clear answer as to what has coused the condition. Does anybody know what hospital or doctor has good experience with diabetes insipidus? I have the impression that this is such a rear contidion that doctors don't have much experience from "live" cases in their practice....

Comment from: ANYA, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 04

My 5-year-old daughter was diagnosed with DI two years ago. Currently, she takes Minirin nasal spray. I need advice from a person who had this condition, because my daughter is too young to explain how she feels. At first, we started with one spray per day in one nostril. Six months later, we did two sprays in both nostrils, and now I notice that it's necessary every eight hours. I'm a worried mother.

Diabetes Insipidus - Effective Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment were used for diabetes insipidus in you or someone you know?
Diabetes Insipidus - Share Your Experience Question: Were you or someone you know diagnosed with diabetes insipidus? Please share your experience.
Diabetes Insipidus - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams led to a diagnosis of diabetes insipidus?