Diabetes and Eye Problems Index
Diabetes and eye problems are generally caused by high blood sugar levels over an extended period of time. Types of eye problems in a person with diabetes include glaucoma, cataracts, and retinopathy. Examples of symptoms include blurred vision, headaches, eye aches, pain, halos around lights, loss of vision, watering eyes. Treatment for eye problems in people with diabetes depend on the type of eye problem. Prevention of eye problems include reducing blood pressure, cholesterol levels, quitting smoking, and maintaining proper blood glucose levels.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Floaters
Eye floaters are deposits or condensation in the vitreous jelly of the eye. See a picture of Floaters and learn more about the...learn more »
In This Article
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2) Article
- Diabetes type 1 and type 2 definition and facts
- What is diabetes?
- How many people in the US have diabetes?
- 9 early signs and symptoms of diabetes
- How do I know if I have diabetes?
- What causes diabetes?
- What are the risk factors for diabetes?
- What are the different types of diabetes?
- What is type 1 diabetes
- What is type 2 diabetes
- What are the other types of diabetes?
- What kind of doctor treats diabetes?
- How is diabetes diagnosed?
- Why is blood sugar checked at home?
- What are the acute complications of diabetes?
- What are the chronic complications of diabetes?
- What can be done to slow the complications of diabetes?
- What is the prognosis for a person with diabetes?
Eye floaters are deposits or condensation that forms in the eye's vitreous humor. These deposits cast shadows on the retina, and...learn more »
In This Article
Gestational Diabetes Article
- Gestational diabetes definition and facts
- What is gestational diabetes?
- What causes gestational diabetes?
- What are the screening guidelines for gestational diabetes?
- What are risk factors for gestational diabetes?
- How does gestational diabetes affect the baby?
- What are the complications of gestational diabetes for the mother?
- What are the signs and symptoms of gestational diabetes?
- Is there a test to diagnose gestational diabetes?
- What is the treatment for gestational diabetes?
- Is there a special diet for a woman with gestational diabetes?
- Can gestational diabetes be prevented?
- What is the outlook (prognosis) for gestational diabetes?
Hyperglycemia is a serious health problem for diabetics. There are two types of hyperglycemia, 1) fasting, and 2)postprandial or...learn more »