dextrose/sodium chloride solution-intravenous (cont.)
OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose include trouble breathing, or swelling.
NOTES: Do not share this medication with others. Laboratory and/or medical tests may be performed to monitor for side effects and response to treatment.
MISSED DOSE: If you miss a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately to establish a new dosing schedule. If the dose is interrupted, contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately to establish a new dosing schedule.
STORAGE: Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) away from light and moisture. Consult your pharmacist for details about stability and storage after mixing with other IV medications. Discard any unused liquid.
Last Editorial Review: 3/2/2005
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions