- ADHD Symptoms in Children Slideshow Pictures
- Take the ADHD Quiz
- Parenting a Child with ADHD Slideshow
- What is dexmethylphenidate-oral, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for dexmethylphenidate-oral?
- Is dexmethylphenidate-oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for dexmethylphenidate-oral?
- What are the side effects of dexmethylphenidate-oral?
- What is the dosage for dexmethylphenidate-oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with dexmethylphenidate-oral?
- Is dexmethylphenidate-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about dexmethylphenidate-oral?
Is dexmethylphenidate-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
There are no adequate studies done on dexmethylphenidate to determine safe and effective use in pregnant women.
It is not known whether dexmethylphenidate enters breast milk; therefore, it is best to be cautious before using it in nursing mothers.
What else should I know about dexmethylphenidate-oral?
What preparations of dexmethylphenidate-oral are available?
Tablet: 2.5, 5, 10 mg. Capsules (extended-release) dexmethylphenidate: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40 mg
How should I keep dexmethylphenidate-oral stored?
Store dexmethylphenidate between temperatures of 15 C to 30 C (59 F to 86 F).
REFERENCE: FDA Prescribing Information.
Quick GuideADHD Symptoms in Children
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.