Dexamethasone oral (Decadron, DexPak) is a drug prescribed to reduce inflammation in many conditions, including:
It is also prescribed to treat severe allergic
conditions bronchial asthma
, allergic rhinitis
, drug-induced dermatitis
, contact and atopic dermatitis
. Dexamethasone is also used to treat chronic skin conditions
as well as for the treatment of cancers of the white blood cells, lymph gland cancers, and blood diseases. It is also prescribed to treat conditions such as thyroiditis
. Side effects, drug interactions
, warnings and precautions, and efficacy during pregnancy
information should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
Inflammation of the inner lining of the colon is referred to as colitis. Symptoms of the inflammation of the colon lining include...learn more »
Leukemia is a type of cancer of the blood cells in which the growth and development of the blood cells are abnormal. Strictly...learn more »
In This Article
- Leukemia facts
- What is leukemia? What are the different types of leukemia?
- What causes leukemia? Is leukemia hereditary?
- What are leukemia risk factors?
- What are leukemia symptoms and signs?
- How do physicians diagnose leukemia?
- What is the treatment for leukemia?
- What are complications of leukemia?
- What is the prognosis of leukemia?
- Is it possible to prevent leukemia?
- What support groups are available for people with leukemia?
- What research is being done on leukemia?
In This Article
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Article
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) facts
- What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- Rheumatoid arthritis vs. osteoarthritis
- What are causes and risk factors of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are complications of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and signs? What does rheumatoid arthritis feel like?
- What tests do physicians use to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are the stages of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis? What types of medications treat RA?
- "First-line" rheumatoid arthritis medications
- "Second-line" or "slow-acting" rheumatoid arthritis drugs (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs or DMARDs)
- What are newer rheumatoid arthritis treatments?
- Rheumatoid arthritis diet, exercise, home remedies, and alternative medicine
- What about rheumatoid arthritis and pregnancy?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are tips for living with rheumatoid arthritis?
- Is it possible to prevent rheumatoid arthritis?
- What specialists treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- What new information about RA has come from the 2015 national meeting of the American College of Rheumatology?
- What research is being done on rheumatoid arthritis?
- Where can people get additional information on rheumatoid arthritis?
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the voice box (vocal cords). The most common cause of acute laryngitis is infection, which...learn more »
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...learn more »
Psoriasis is a long-term skin condition that may cause large plaques of red, raised skin, flakes of dry skin, and skin scales....learn more »
In This Article
- Psoriasis facts
- What is psoriasis?
- What are psoriasis causes and risk factors?
- What are the different types of psoriasis?
- Can psoriasis affect my joints?
- Can psoriasis affect only my nails?
- What are psoriasis symptoms and signs? What does psoriasis look like?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose psoriasis?
- Eczema vs. psoriasis
- How many people have psoriasis?
- Is psoriasis contagious?
- Is there a cure for psoriasis?
- Is psoriasis hereditary?
- What kind of doctor treats psoriasis?
- What is the treatment for psoriasis?
- What creams, lotions, and home remedies are available for psoriasis?
- Are psoriasis shampoos available?
- What oral medications are available for psoriasis?
- What injections or infusions are available for psoriasis?
- Is there a psoriasis diet?
- What about light therapy for psoriasis?
- What is the long-term prognosis with psoriasis? What are complications of psoriasis?
- Is it possible to prevent psoriasis?
- What does the future hold for psoriasis?
- Is there a national psoriasis support group?
- Where can people get more information on psoriasis?