Patient Comments: Deviated Septum - Causes

If known, what was the cause of your deviated septum?

Comment from: lilmia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I was thrown from a horse and landed on my head, receiving a concussion.

Comment from: Doc B, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

My deviated septum happened because I snorted a lot of cocaine, meth, pills, Pixy Stix, gluePretty much anything I could get my hands on.

Comment from: rob carl, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 05

I was punched out by a bigger kid when I was young, so one side of my nose is about 50% smaller than the other side. This makes it much harder to breathe through that nostril.

Comment from: broken nose, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 28

I have been in numerous fights and have had my nose broken at least twice. The last incident was due to a motorcycle wreck, which smashed my sinuses. Now I suffer from hard breathing through my nose. I don't leave the house without a handkerchief.

Deviated Septum - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with your deviated septum?
Deviated Septum - Surgery Question: Did you have surgery for a deviated septum? Did you also have rhinoplasty done at the same time?