- Anatomy of an Ear Infection Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Ear Infection Quiz
- Tinnitus Slideshow: Why Are My Ears Ringing?
- Patient Comments: Deviated Septum - Causes
- Patient Comments: Deviated Septum - Symptoms
- Find a local Doctor in your town
Quick GuideSinus Infection (Sinusitis) Symptoms & Treatment
Can deviated septum be prevented?
A deviated septum that is caused by injury to the nose or face may be prevented by following safety precautions:
- Always wear proper helmets and headgear when playing sports
- Always wear your seatbelt when riding in a car
Medically reviewed by Peter O’Connor, MD; American Board of Otolaryngology with subspecialty in Sleep Medicine
"Devaiated septum: The basics"