Patient Comments: Depression - Therapy

Do you currently undergo therapy? Describe your experience.

Comment from: CleeS, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

Do not stop your search for healing depression by treating the symptoms of it. At 42 years old, I finally understand why I have suffered from it all my life. It was never learning self-love due to emotionally detached parents, who also never learned self-love, and who knows how many generations back. Think about how you handle pain. Is it normal feeling? How do you handle nurture? Is it odd to you? Living without self-love means a life of searching for something, but not realizing what because you never knew it to start. Begin with yourself, nurture and encourage, love and be loyal, praise and be hopeful. You THEN have to strength to live without the mountain of pain you have accumulated over the years. Keep trying since we all deserve peace and happiness and love.

Comment from: rustyangel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 28

I am undergoing treatment at the moment for depression which was diagnosed 27 years ago, but I feel it is much longer than this. I have e many times been attended to by the emergency team from local hospital. I still feel let down by first line of care eg local GP,. I have a physiologist that seems to take my problems seriously. I now work in aged care where a lot of undiagnosed depression exists. A lot of doctors feel that they are old and don't matter, so I feel my through my experiences. I can help them, we are put on this earth for a reason, we just have to find the best way to share and care.

Comment from: mnutt63, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

I am 47 and I have been taking cymbalta for about a year now, and it has really helped me, but now because my insurance doesn't cover it I may have to change and I HATE that.

Comment from: lost soul, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

I am a 60 year old woman. I have had depression since I can remember. However, it has been treated for 20 years with various anti-depressants. I have no energy left, and feel my life is a total failure. Nobody understands how it feels when you find the mundane things envelope you like a cancer. I often ask, Lord, what has been the purpose of my life.

Depression - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your depression?
Depression - Symptoms in Teens Question: What are the symptoms of your teenager's depression?