Patient Comments: Dentures - Problems

Did you experience any problems with your dentures while eating, drinking, or speaking?

Comment from: senior, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

After 45 years of wearing porcelain dentures, I was fitted for acrylic (plastic) dentures. I did not realize it until the first tooth fell out of my mouth while dining in a restaurant; not the last occurrence. Then I realized that my existing crowns (porcelain) were wearing my new dentures down very rapidly. What a waste of time and money! You would think the dentist would have thought of the latter. Now I am desperately trying to find porcelain dentures.

Comment from: mebank1234p, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

My dentures won't stay in when I try to eat. I have had them since June. My top dentures stay in but I'm afraid to eat because they might fall out I feel. My dentist is trying hard to help.

Dentures - Cost Question: How much did your dentures cost?
Dentures - Types Question: What type of dentures do you have?