- Slideshow: Top Problems in Your Mouth
- Teeth Whiteners That Work
- Dental (Oral) Health Quiz
- Find a local Doctor in your town
- Dental Veneers Fix Introduction
- What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
- What Is the Procedure for Getting a Dental Veneer?
- What Are the Advantages of Dental Veneers?
- What Are the Disadvantages of Dental Veneers?
- How Long Do Dental Veneers Last?
- Do Dental Veneers Require Special Care?
- Are There Alternatives to Dental Veneers?
- How Much Do Veneers Cost?
Quick GuideCosmetic Dentistry Before and After Photos
Dental Veneers Fix Introduction
Dental veneers can be made from porcelain or from resin composite materials. Porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers and better mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth. Resin veneers are thinner and require removal of less of the tooth surface before placement. You will need to discuss the best choice of veneer material for you with your dentist.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them)
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)