Patient Comments: Dental Injuries - Describe Your Experience

Have you or your child ever fractured a tooth? How did this happen? Please share your experience.

Comment from: ozzishep, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

My dogs knocked me over and I hit my head on our blacktop driveway. I hit my two front teeth which resulted in one tooth cracking and exposing the nerve pulp (class 3 tooth fracture). The other tooth had a severe crack in the lower portion of the tooth. My dentist is not going to do a root canal at this time as I am not having pain or sensitivity. I am going back to have both teeth crowned. I had placed ice on the injury until my dentist could meet me at the dental office. My dentist said it is very important to ice the injury, 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off.

Comment from: concerned mom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

I recently noticed that my second premolar on the right side chipped. I may have swallowed the chipped tooth since I can"t remember it, just felt a sharp jagged feeling in my mouth when I was brushing my teeth. This evening, I flossed carefully and a small portion of that tooth came off. My tooth doesn"t feel sensitive to hot or cold - yet. I know I will need to go see the dentist.

Comment from: Jannie-Mae, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I have a cracked tooth that's very loose. I bit into an unpopped popcorn kernel.

Dental Injuries - Knocked-Out Teeth Question: Have you or your child ever had a tooth knocked out? How was it treated?
Dental Injuries - Mouthguards and Prevention Question: Do you or your child wear a mouthguard while participating in sports? What other ways do you try to prevent dental injuries?