Patient Comments: Dental Injuries - Describe Your Experience

Have you or your child ever fractured a tooth? How did this happen? Please share your experience.

Comment from: concerned mom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

I recently noticed that my second premolar on the right side chipped. I may have swallowed the chipped tooth since I can"t remember it, just felt a sharp jagged feeling in my mouth when I was brushing my teeth. This evening, I flossed carefully and a small portion of that tooth came off. My tooth doesn"t feel sensitive to hot or cold - yet. I know I will need to go see the dentist.

Comment from: Jannie-Mae, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I have a cracked tooth that's very loose. I bit into an unpopped popcorn kernel.

Dental Injuries - Knocked-Out Teeth Question: Have you or your child ever had a tooth knocked out? How was it treated?
Dental Injuries - Mouthguards and Prevention Question: Do you or your child wear a mouthguard while participating in sports? What other ways do you try to prevent dental injuries?