Patient Comments: Dental Crowns - Pain

Did you experience pain after getting a dental crown?

Comment from: neatrepeat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

Yes when the Novocain wore off I had pain. My entire cheek hurt, and I had an intermittent shooting pain for several days following the procedure for temporary cap. The procedure was long - 2 1/2 hours - and while I did not feel pain during the procedure, I felt it for days afterwards.

Comment from: gina, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I had a dental crown about seven years ago that took two years to stop hurting when chewed on. Beware of what you are told. I am going in for a $650 half replacement after a refrigerated granola bar incident ... very unwise! Even worse it is the same dentist. Do your homework, talk to others before making decisions.

Comment from: Mona, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I have 3 crowns (all done at different times) and only one hurt afterwards. Unfortunately, that one throbbed and gave me shooting pains for almost a year afterwards before settling down.

Dental Crowns - Cost Question: How much did your dental crown cost? Did your insurance cover it?
Dental Crowns - During Pregnancy Question: Did you need a dental crown while you were pregnant?
Dental Crowns - Material Question: What material is your dental crown made from?