Patient Comments: Dental Crowns - Cost

How much did your dental crown cost? Did your insurance cover it?

Comment from: Saty13, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I live in Manhattan so everything is more expensive, but I still feel that I paid excessively. I was charged $2100 for a porcelain crown on a molar tooth. On top of that, I paid $2200 for the root canal on the same tooth prior to getting the crown. So, total of $4300 which was an outrageous amount to pay for one tooth. These were top dentists, however (one for the root canal and a different one for the crown). One had a lot of celebrity clients, which I learned when I went in for the procedure. My insurance covers a max of $1500 per year.

Comment from: MaryS910, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

It cost $1136, no root canal. This included two appointments, prepping the tooth, a temporary crown, creating the mold and returning and having the permanent crown put on. I have no dental insurance.

Comment from: lynne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

My root canal was $975 and my cost was $175. I have nothing left from the insurance, so the crown will cost me $1200 to $1400.

Comment from: ajaysmom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

My dentist charged me $650 for the first crown, and agreed to do the next two for $550 each. He never told me the additional expense for the crowns. He charged me an additional seven hundred for each crown, but since I can't afford it, I had only 2 root canals, one has a beautiful $700 crown, and the other has a temporary filling, and I do not want to pay $700 for the second crown, plus another $550 for the third root canal, plus $700 for the 3rd crown. I'm in Connecticut and wonder if it really is $700 for a crown!

Comment from: Teary, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

My crown cost $200. The root canal I had done cost $100 on the same tooth.

Comment from: DesignsbyMegan, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

I'm having to pay $900 for mine. My insurance doesn't cover any of the costs. $450 is due at the 1st appointment and the other half is due when they put the final crown on.

Comment from: Jeff, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 19

My crown cost $1,090. My insurance covered half, so I paid $545 out of my pocket.

Dental Crowns - Pain Question: Did you experience pain after getting a dental crown?
Dental Crowns - During Pregnancy Question: Did you need a dental crown during pregnancy? Were you concerned to undergo the procedure while you were pregnant?
Dental Crowns - Material Question: What material is your dental crown made from?