Patient Comments: Dengue Fever - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with dengue fever?

Comment from: melodytt, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

This is the 3rd time I've had dengue fever. I live in the Carribbeans. My symptoms started with red eyes, fever, body pains, and a rash. My fever was 104, and I am still trying to recover. I am taking a lot of fluids, but still had to get an IV drip.

Comment from: Lucy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had Dengue fever this fall along with about 6-8 other co-workers, most of whom live in the same apartment building. My symptoms were among the least severe of the group (I did not have to be hospitalized like several others did) but I still felt like I had been hit by a train. Lower back pain, fever, pain behind the eyes, vomiting, weakness, etc. It lasted about a week and then I felt much better, but still weak. Now, a few months later, I am experiencing a great deal of hair loss, which I have been told is connected to the high fever.

Comment from: htc8p, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 18

This is my 12th day after getting dengue fever symptoms. It started with pain in the back of my eyes when rolling them. then came the fever and severe headache. Unbearable every night. Then zero appetite. I know that I should be hungry and eat but a few spoonfuls and I could not eat anymore. I also had some vomiting one night. After the 8th day my fever subsided after the 11th day my headache subsided. Now my back feels very tired. And I can't sit up straight towards the end of the day.

Comment from: testeddengue, 65-74 Male Published: February 08

We tested shots for Dengue fever in 1963 in the army. I am surprised it was never perfected after all these years. The only affects were that it lowered my body temp from 98.6 to 97.2. As a result I rarely get a fever. I do have to be careful of infection and try to avoid winter contact.

Comment from: miss, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I got dengue fever in Thailand in 2009 and was put in a hospital when I got back home. Got a rash that had RED legs with white spots! I felt so exhausted have never been so sick in my life.. Had a 42C fever and also lost A LOT of my hair (2-3 months after). I had no energy and was very tired for almost a year...It was horrible.

Comment from: Sri, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I have been suffering from acute body pain for over 6 months now, the first time I realized that I was infected by Dengue was in Sep-10, upon which I was under medication and rest for a week or so. Even took Homeopath medicine and within a month's time the body pain reduced considerably and till very recently it was perfect, but the body pain surfaced again during last week and on lab tests the Antibodies for Dengu Virus Igm is found to be +ve and Igg is negative. It was the same the last time too. I do not get any high fever and my platelet count is also normal, but the joint pain and muscle pain is so bad that I just can't get out to go to the doctor.

Comment from: Srikanth, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 01

Blood platelets both RBC and WBC including Hemoglobin levels have decreased drastically. Continuous pain due to body pains and headache.

Dengue Fever - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with dengue fever.
Dengue Fever- Treatment Question: Since it's a virus, what type of treatment did you receive to relieve symptoms associated with dengue fever?