Patient Comments: Dengue Fever - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with dengue fever. What prevention steps did you take?

Comment from: Burcu, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I'm currently experiencing dengue fever. This is my fifth day and I feel like it will last another 5 days. It started with a high-fever attack, twice in one night. One minute I was okay and the next minute I was shaking and getting chills. I vomited only once but nausea is always there especially in the mornings and at nights. On the second day I was extremely weak, had difficulty breathing but had no body pain or headache. Third day I was diagnosed with dengue, so started taking one IV per day, 4 packs of electral, lots of juice and fruit. The platelet count dropped for the first 3 days but it is increasing on the 5th day. Even though I don't have very visible red rash (I have on my face and chest), my body is itching all over like crazy. Itching started on the second day lightly on my feet and soles, and also hands and spread all over my body. The doctor prescribed some powerful antihistamines to relieve the itching. Finally my appetite is going down but I force myself to eat and drink as much as I can.

Comment from: Denis, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 05

I contracted Dengue in Mexico at the end of November 2015. It is January 3rd, 2016 and I still have significant joint pain in my hands, feet and ankles. The pain is very severe after I have been off my feet for a while.

Comment from: dastoger, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 24

With dengue, first I had a bad headache, felt so weak and I thought I was near about to lose my eye power. After that I had a huge rash on my skin. My platelet count went to 185000. I used to take orange, coconut, apple and many kinds of juice. Skin exfoliation disease was seen on my body.

Comment from: sonia, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 17

I was in India for 15 days break, and on 28th October evening I suddenly started feeling pain in my wrist and shoulder joints but everyone said perhaps it was because of tiredness, so I ignored it. Next day my condition got worse still and I dragged myself changing one flight after another and reached back home. I visited a doctor who said the signs were of dengue but blood report will confirm the same. The blood report says it is classical dengue. My legs are all swollen, I am tired very soon and feel weak all the time. I am taking medication for 2 weeks now. Thankfully my platelet count is fine, but my energy level is gone down and I don't know how dengue gave me extra weight.

Comment from: killua, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

First day I started to get chill and headache with slight body pain followed by fever. The first lasted for 3 days and I was normal for 1 day and second fever started from fifth day. So I drank 10 to 12 liters water per day. Now the dengue fever is gone but as soon as fever stopped, rashes started from my palm of my hands covering entire body. I don't know what is going on, my platelet count is dropping rapidly but there is no sign of fever except rashes.

Comment from: Raj, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 13

This is to inform everybody that dengue can be bashed up. The foremost thing to remember is that don't let the platelets count nosedive. It makes you crumble. Simple natural remedies are useful and I observed it. Use the juice of papaya leaves without diluting it with water, 1/2 a glass 3 times daily. I swear, the platelets count considerably increases and the patient walks free. Since dengue is a viral fever, no effective remedies are not available. Eat chickpeas and jaggery every morning on empty stomach. You will get the much needed iron content and other nutrients naturally. To keep the pain under control, use mild analgesics. Test it. Wish you all the best.

Comment from: melfunctions, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

It is now some four months since I was infected with dengue in Bali, I had the most severe symptoms consistent with the posts of others. The skin loss and change was very dramatic, hands and feet shed massive amounts of skin which was tough and weathered but now it is like a baby's skin. The other problem I now have is the aches and pain in my back and limbs; these are still severe and a problem that I hope will go away with time. I certainly had a severe dose as when I was in hospital my back and legs ached so much I could not sleep. I think that this is why I am still having problems.

Dengue Fever - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with dengue fever?
Dengue Fever- Treatment Question: What type of treatment did you receive to relieve symptoms associated with dengue fever?