Patient Comments: Dengue Fever- Treatment

What type of treatment did you receive to relieve symptoms associated with dengue fever?

Comment from: Mir Riaz, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

I was diagnosed with dengue fever on 21 September 2015. I was admitted to the hospital for 5 days where my platelets went down to 10,000. I was given platelets transfusion and on the 7th day my platelets started increasing. It is highly debilitating and depressing especially to a sportsman. I am a fitness freak and swim for about 1 hour continuously. But this fever has really weakened me and I am still feeling the weakness.

Comment from: Sion (East), Mumbai, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I was diagnosed with dengue fever on 2nd November 2014. I was admitted to the hospital for 5 days where my platelets went down to 30,000. I was given platelets transfusion and on the 7th day my platelets started increasing. It is highly debilitating and depressing especially to a sportsman. I am a fitness freak and swim for about 1 hour continuously. But this fever has really weakened me and I am still feeling the weakness.

Comment from: abhijeet, 25-34 (Patient) Published: January 15

I was infected by dengue twice. My family doctor suggested to me to follow proper diet like drinking fruit juice and electrolytes, constant monitoring, good food and rest in peace. Treatment of dengue fever is must at any level.

Comment from: Vic101, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 16

We use the extract of papaya leaves to manage the drop of platelets. It has always worked among those who did it. In one case of a girl in a hospital, she was just told to wait till the cycle passes and nothing could be done, according to the doctors. When we asked her to drink the liquid extracts (by pounding) of papaya leaves, the drop of platelets stopped and started to climb up. After a few days, I asked again how she was and she said that her platelets went down again. I asked her whether she continued to drink papaya leaf extract. She said she did not. So we suggested to her to continue it, then immediately her platelets went up again and soon she got well.

Dengue Fever - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with dengue fever. What prevention steps did you take?
Dengue Fever - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with dengue fever?