Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged vigorous exercise, and some diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The best way to treat dehydration is to prevent it from occurring.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Kidney stones are solid masses of crystalline material that form in the kidneys. Symptoms of kidney stones can include pain,...learn more »
In This Article
Kidney Stones Article
- Kidney stone facts
- What is a kidney stone?
- Who is at risk for kidney stones?
- What causes kidney stones?
- What are the signs and symptoms of kidney stones?
- How are kidney stones diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for kidney stones? How long does it take to pass a kidney stone?
- Can kidney stones be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for kidney stones?
Muscle cramps are involuntarily and forcibly contracted muscles that do not relax. Extremely common, any muscles that have...learn more »
Kidney failure can occur from an acute event or a chronic condition or disease. Prerenal kidney failure is caused by blood loss,...learn more »
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...learn more »
In This Article
Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus) Article
- Staph infection facts
- What is Staphylococcus?
- Who is at risk for Staph infections?
- What are the symptoms and signs of a Staph infection?
- What types of diseases are caused by Staph?
- How are Staph infections diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for Staph infections?
- What is antibiotic-resistant Staph aureus?
- What are complications of Staph infections?
- Can Staph infections be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for Staph infections?