Patient Comments: Hearing Loss - Treatment

Depending on your diagnosis, what kinds of treatment have you received for your hearing loss?

Comment from: Harrison Bergeron, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 22

I had hearing loss at an early age, in 1980, which was due to otosclerosis or calcification of the bones in the middle ear. Sound could not be transmitted from the eardrum to the auditory nerve. I had surgery (stapedectomy) which replaces the stapes bone with a prosthesis which connects to the auditory nerve at a different spot. I am 70 and still hear well although I have no high frequencies. My mom had the same surgery in her 60s. An audiologist can determine if you have transmission deafness or nerve deafness. This is not a solution for nerve deafness. I had both ears done.

Comment from: S. K. SINGHAL, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 23

Suffering hearing loss since 1995. A problem in understanding correct words now i can't understand tv & people sitting behind me I tried widex and other hearing aids machine but no use. Kindly guide me.

Hearing Loss - Symptoms Question: Did your hearing loss occur gradually? What were your symptoms?