Patient Comments: Date Rape Drugs - Names of Drugs

Share your experience with date rape drugs. By what names have you heard some of these drugs called?

Comment from: JenniferF, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

Though I never got the date rape drug in college, (called "dog and horse tranquilizers” in liquid and pill form that has no smell or taste and put mostly into punch bowls and drinks by people that you think are so nice), later in life, I have watched my drinks, and actually pretended to not watch my drinks, and watched guys slip these drugs in friends' and my drinks. I won"t go further, but it can happen to anyone! At any time of the day! Yes, with perfect people that you think would never ever do that! They or their friends do this! Always watch the guy's hands - are they making the drink in front of you or do they go elsewhere inside, to make your drink and bring you back a beer. Follow them when they go to get you a beer if not next to you and follow them if they go away from you to make a drink. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen men try to sneak stuff in girls'/women's drinks and they get away with it. Please be careful, don"t trust men just because they are your guy's friend's friend. By the way, if you see, feel or know that they put something in your drink, do not address it to them. Just pretend to drink it and go to the bathroom and pour it out. In one hour, with you not drinking the drink, you will see other friends getting totally wasted and gone. You will be glad you faked drinking the drink. Then write a story about it the next day to yourself so you can help others.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Date Rape Drugs - Experience Question: Please share your personal experience with date rape drugs.
Date Rape Drugs - Protection Question: In what ways do you and your friends protect yourselves from becoming victims of date rape? What are your concerns?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.