Patient Comments: Date Rape Drugs - Experience

Please share your personal experience with date rape drugs.

Comment from: Confused, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

My only mistake was not knowing this article before going out that night. I had 3 beers and after an hour I started feeling really drunk. I woke up with no clothes on. I didn"t think anything of it because I just remember having a few. I blacked out. I don"t remember anything at the car except getting sick. The next day I was extremely hung over. A couple of days later my friend said I went home with a guy and he was bragging I slept with him, I don"t even remember seeing him. It has been over 72 hours so I can"t get tested but glad I am alive. Please everyone watch your drinks. Scared me a lot that this could happen to me.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

In my situation, the drug was administered through a cup of coffee. The memory of the actual event, as clear today as it was then. I began to get sleepy, which facilitated the ability to remove my clothing. I remember thinking, I didn"t want to do this, but the "man", quoted because I use this term sarcastically, I trusted. Immediately after I felt a headache, something wrong, so I took a shower. Keeping calm, although confused, as I stood at the door, I felt a vein give in my brain. This drug caused me to have an aneurism. The effects, 7 years later, I have to concentrate on things I once took for granted. I fight every day to regain to full capacity, the passion for life I once had. All I can offer to those reading this, is if you think you"ve been a victim, seek professional help, as soon as possible, and go as you are. I"ve since learned the number one reason why animals get away with this is because of shame. Do not feel ashamed for living a day in your life.

Comment from: whyme, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I was at home having a drink in the backyard with a friend who lived upstairs and when I woke in my bed, my pelvic area was extremely sore and my vagina was extremely dilated. I had not had sex in months and clearly remember while on my second drink I didn't want any more to drink.

Comment from: channel, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I am still in trauma and would like to hear from others for support.

Date Rape Drugs - Protection Question: In what ways do you and your friends protect yourselves from becoming victims of date rape? What are your concerns?
Date Rape Drugs - Names of Drugs Question: Share your experience with date rape drugs. By what names have you heard some of these drugs called?