Patient Comments: Cystoscopy and Ureteroscopy - Experience

What was your experience during your cystoscopy or ureteroscopy? Did you experience discomfort? Please explain.

Comment from: wawona, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 21

Despite being rather apprehensive about the cystoscopy procedure; it was relatively painless and easy to handle. The preparatory work before the procedure went quickly and I was able to see the inside of my bladder on a monitor. Luckily the results of the test were negative for any bleeding and hence a relief.

Comment from: Stoned, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 26

I had an enormous (7 cm plus) stone removed from my ureter 24 hours ago through ureteroscopy. It still hurts badly in the same place when I urinate. I was in severe pain when admitted to the emergency room, unbearable pain, so I hope my pain eases soon. I have a stent inserted as well.

Comment from: Bassman, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 21

I had a kidney stone removed via ureteroscopy. The procedure itself wasn't really that bad. The only thing I'm having trouble with is burning while urinating. I have a stent in as well, and when I try to urinate, it feels as if I have the kidney stone back.

Comment from: Yowzaa, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 28

Run for the woods folks! I had a cystoscopy to remove a bladder stone. I wish he left it in my bladder after the trauma to my penis I experienced. Not a mild burning, it is a major burning like I was peeing hot lava.

Cystoscopy and Ureteroscopy - Preparation Question: What did your doctor tell you to do to prepare for your cystoscopy or ureteroscopy?