Patient Comments: Cystic Fibrosis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with cystic fibrosis.

Comment from: Littlebit, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

I have a lot of health problems. I haven't been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, but I have with COPD and Emphysema, which from what I've read it almost sounds like the same. Yes, I am a smoker and have tried to quit with patches and medications, but it has been a real struggle for me. If there is a big miracle drug out there I hope to learn about it. For my sake and family's. I would love to be able to quit, I want to live longer to be here for all my family. So for those of you who don't smoke PLEASE DON'T pick up the bad habit, cause for some it's really hard to quit and it makes harder on our loved ones.

Comment from: 13-18 Female Published: May 31

My aunt and Uncle died from cystic fibrosis. I am doing a report on this so that I can learn more about it.

Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: January 28

I'm a 14 year old female and today I was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. I have problems with my sinuses and an ongoing cough but fortunately no problems with my digestive system. I have to do daily chest exercises now and I'm on various medications. My doctor believes that they caught this disease early enough and the outlook of my future looks good.

Comment from: donya, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

Thanks for this information. I am a 25 years old female from Saudi Arabia diagnosed with mild cystic fibrosis since I was 5 years old. I am now on creaon enzymes, a Symbicort inhaler and I frequently use antibiotics for my chest infection. I work as nurse in pediatric oncology. My problem that I have now is with frequent abdominal pain in the epigastric area. I have had blood tests and they found high level enzyme level s. My doctor said cystic fibrosis may affect your liver.

Cystic Fibrosis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms have caused you or your child the most problems? How did you treat them?
Cystic Fibrosis - Risk Question: Have you and your spouse/partner been tested for the CF gene? Has or would it affect your decision to conceive?
Cystic Fibrosis - Diagnosis Question: What were the tests that resulted in a cystic fibrosis diagnosis for you, a friend, or relative?