Patient Comments: Cysts - Diagnosis

How was your cyst diagnosed?

Comment from: willlarry, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 23

I had a scope done on my right shoulder and when in physio felt like something stretched or ripped when lighting weights. A small lump developed about the size of ping pong ball, but now has grown to the size of a softball in the top of my back, just under the incision. This has happened in about 4 weeks, and the people in physio have taken a picture of it and sent it to the doctor.

Comment from: concern12, 45-54 Female Published: October 10

I rceived an MRI a cysts was found on my pituitary gland I feel I have nothing to worry about since it was only a cyst.

Comment from: osroeman2, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

I have a cyst in the right buttock below the waistline. It started at just the size of a pea, and now it's the size of a silver dollar. This cyst grew over 30 years or so to this size. The next step is to drain and remove it, or just drain it. It bugs me.

Comment from: punk, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

I have recurring cysts on my breasts. I typically get one to three a month. Sometimes they go away without draining/popping. They are very painful until they start to rise to the surface. The only thing that helps is a warm washcloth. The doctor has checked them out and unless I want to be on low dose antibiotics daily and forever, there is nothing that can be done.

Comment from: jessiemae, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 05

I found out that I have about 5 cysts in my thyroids. I first felt them about 3 1/2 months ago. Did not pay any attention to them. Then they started to hurt (very tender to the touch). My doctor referred me to an ultrasound and then they told me that I have 4 on my right side and 1 on my left.

Comment from: JudyJop, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I have had 5 surgeries on my left foot for cysts. The last surgery they removed the plantar ligament because it kept producing cysts. Now a new large cyst has appeared on the ligament next to the plantar one. In addition, I've had one surgery on my hand for a cyst, and now have another one growing large under my thumb. They can't operate on the foot anymore. Too many sugeries, scar tissue, and I can't balance on the foot due to the ligment that was removed. I just don't understand why my body keeps producing these. It's making my life very difficult.

Comment from: KelLyn, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

I was about 6 years old when a cyst developed on the right side of my face. It was surgically removed. It was perhaps a little bigger than a pea; I have a hard time remembering the size since it was over 5 years ago. Since then no other cyst has developed.

Comment from: Dale, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I was diagnosed today with a cyst on my Thyroid. I had a CT Scan with contrast as I have a knot above my collar bone. The cyst on my Thyroid measures about 5 mms. Which my Doctor says is very small. I was advised to schedule an Ultrasound in 6 months. They did not see any abnormalities above my collar bone but I have Arthritis in my neck and left shoulder. I'm not really worried other than I noticed Monday morning that my voice is hoarse and I wake up with it every morning.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I have had ganglion cysts before. One came up on my hand and it went away then came back. Same thing happened again. My doctor told me it was another cyst. Not sure what this is.

Cyst - Symptoms and Signs Question: The symptoms of cysts can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?
Cyst - Treatment Question: What treatment was effective for your cyst?
Cysts - Diagnosis Question: How was your cyst diagnosed?
Cysts - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with cyst.
Cysts - Different Types Question: If known, what type of cyst do/did you have?