Patient Comments: Cyst - Symptoms and Signs

The symptoms of cysts can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?

Comment from: joyce, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I am having my 2nd mammogram because it came back abnormal. If it's a cysts, or whatever it may be I am staying positive. But my mind wonders. Since it runs in my family for breast cancer. I already have my right ovary and right tube removed which tossed me into early menopause in my 30s. Something's got to give.

Comment from: bossy chick, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 13

I suffer from ovarian cysts. They are very painful. At times, it feels as if I am having bad cramps. The pain can even feel as bad as contractions. I had one rupture and it was so bad that I had to get my appendix removed. I now have another one on my right ovary.

Comment from: skbishop86, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 13

I have two cysts that have formed on my back, one for each pregnancy. I have been searching for answers as to why they showed up when I got pregnant, and why they haven't gone away. One is on the left side of my lower back (tucked nicely inside my muffin top), and it hurts when my hormones are out of whack, or when I am going to be starting my period. I asked the nurse practitioner about it, and she didn't seem concerned. They are obviously hormonally caused. They are not on my ovaries either. The OB/GYN didn't seem concerned about it either.

Cyst - Treatment Question: What treatment was effective for your cyst?