- 10 Common Allergy Triggers Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Quiz on Allergies
- Nasal Allergy Relief Products Slideshow
- What is Periactin, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- Is it available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for this drug?
- What are the uses for Periactin?
- What are the adverse events and side effect of Periactin?
- What is the dosage for Periactin, and how should I take it?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with this medication?
- Is this drug safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about this medication?
What else should I know about this medication?name="what_else">
What else should I know about this medication?
- This drug is available in the following preparations: Tablets: 4 mg; Oral Solution: 2 mg/5 ml
- Store this medication should at room temperature, 15 C - 30 C (59 F - 86 F).
- The FDA approved cyproheptadine in October 1961.
Reference: FDA Prescribing Information
Quick GuideBad Bugs: Identify Bug Bites From Mosquitos, Spiders and More
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.