- 7 Most Effective Exercises Pictures
- Take the Exercise and Fitness Quiz!
- How to Build a Better Butt Slideshow
- What is the history of biking?
- What are the types of bicycles?
- Glossary of biking terms
- What size bike should I choose?
- How do I choose what bike to buy?
- Can I adjust my bike?
- How do I go about getting started bicycling?
- Where can I ride my bike?
- What do I wear to ride a bicycle?
- What about bike safety?
- How do I take care of my bike?
- What about indoor biking?
- How many calories do I burn when I bike?
- Why should I bike?
- Where can I find more information about biking?
Quick GuidePictures of the 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to Improve Form)
Where can I find more information about biking?
Medically reviewed by Joseph Palermo, DO, American Osteopathic Board Certified Internal Medicine
Adams, J. & Hillman, M. The risk compensation theory and bicycle helmets. Inj Prev 2001;7: 89-91
Andersen, L.B., et al. All-cause mortality associated with physical activity during leisure time, work, sports, and cycling to work. Arch Intern Med. 2000 Jun 12;160(11):1621-8.
Bicycle. David Herlihy Yale University Press 2004.
Bicycle Retailer and Industry News. August 7, 2007
Matthews, C., et al. Influence of exercise, walking, cycling, and overall nonexercise physical activity on mortality in Chinese women. Am J Epidemiol. 2007 Jun 15;165(12):1343-50.
Mourier, A., et al. Mobilization of visceral adipose tissue related to the improvement in insulin sensitivity in response to physical training in NIDDM. Effects of branched-chain amino acid supplements. Diabetes Care. 1997 Mar;20(3):385-91
Robinson, D.L. No clear evidence from countries that have enforced the wearing of helmets. BMJ 2006;332:722-725 (25 March)