In this Article
Croton seeds can cause burning of the mouth, vomiting, dizziness, stupor, painful bowel movements, abortions in pregnant women, and collapse when taken by mouth. If it is put on the skin, croton seed oil can cause itching, burning, and blistering of skin.
One drop of croton seed oil can cause side effects, and 20 drops of oil can cause death.
Do not use croton seeds if:
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions