Crohn's Disease Index
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Colon
The part of the large intestine that serves to remove water from digested food and let the remaining material, solid waste called...learn more »
Picture of Uveitis
Uveitis (pronounced you-vee-EYE-tis) involves all inflammatory processes of the middle layers of the eye, also called the uveal...learn more »
Picture of Stomach
The stomach is a muscular sac located on the left side of the upper abdomen. See a picture of the Stomach and learn more about...learn more »
Picture of Abdomen
The abdomen (commonly called the belly) is the body space between the thorax (chest) and pelvis. See a picture of the Abdomen and...learn more »
Anal itching is the irritation of the skin at the exit of the rectum, known as the anus, accompanied by the desire to scratch....learn more »
In This Article
Anal Itching Article
- Anal itching facts
- What is anal itching?
- What causes anal itching?
- What are additional symptoms associated with anal itching?
- What kind of doctor treats anal itching?
- How is the cause of anal itching diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for anal itching?
- Local anesthetics
- What if anal itching persists?
Canker sores are a common complaint, and are small ulcers on the inside of the mouth. Canker sores aren't contagious (as opposed...learn more »
In This Article
Blood in the Stool (Rectal Bleeding) Article
- Rectal bleeding (blood in stool) definition and facts
- What does rectal bleeding (blood in stool) mean?
- What are causes of blood in the stool (rectal bleeding)?
- What diseases and conditions can cause blood in the stool (rectal bleeding)?
- Anal fissures
- Colon cancer and polyps
- Colitis and proctitis
- Meckel's diverticulum
- Rare causes of rectal bleeding
- What kind of doctor treats rectal bleeding?
- When should I call a doctor for blood in the stool (rectal bleeding)?
- How is the cause of blood in the stool (rectal bleeding) diagnosed?
- History and physical examination
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Radionuclide scans
- Visceral angiogram
- Video capsule and small intestine endoscopy
- MRI and CT tomographic angiography
- Nasogastric tube aspiration
- Blood tests
- What is the treatment for rectal bleeding (blood in the stool)?
- Can rectal bleeding (blood in the stool) be prevented?
- What is the prognosis of rectal bleeding (blood in the stool)?
Colitis refers to inflammation of the inner lining of the colon. Symptoms of the inflammation of the colon lining include...learn more »
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...learn more »