Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Results

Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?

Comment from: Tom tom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

My healthcare professional wanted to check my creatinine levels because I had frequent urination.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

I am a 55 year old female. I had irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for several years. I believe that IBS is a name that doctors use when they are not sure what the cause of constant IBS is. What I found out just recently after 10 or so years and many doctors is that an antibiotic was the cause of mine. I had what is called Clostridium difficile Infection. This is when the good and bad bacteria in your colon is interrupted, caused by antibiotics. Please be checked for this I had it a long time before I was diagnosed. I'm absolutely fine now and can eat anything I want, I just had my gallbladder out a year ago and I am fine.

Comment from: HLMencken, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 20

I am 69 years-old. I recently had two blood tests taken a couple of weeks apart that showed that my creatinine levels were above the normal maximum level for males of my age. My doctor told me to discontinue taking fenofibrate and take another blood test in a month. Meanwhile, I just had a bladder and renal ultrasound done and everything was normal. I am a gym rat and it is my guess that my muscle mass and workout contribute to the higher creatinine level.

Comment from: kamal t., 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 15

My health care professional wanted to check my creatinine levels to check the condition of the kidney, lower the creatine level in blood means the kidney is functioning better.

Comment from: donna0718, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

I had cancer of the ureter. It killed my kidney. So I have one kidney. Which is why my creatinine level was checked. My creatinine level just got higher. And I wonder how to lower it.

Comment from: Cindy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 08

I had blood work done and my creatinine level was 0.46, which is low.

Comment from: injleen, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 25

I have patches on skin and swollen legs, so my healthcare professional wanted to check my creatinine levels.

Comment from: AMIT, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 24

My spot Urine microalbumin is 684, creatinine in urine is 62.16, and albumin creatinine ratio is 1100.39.

Comment from: safura, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

My creatinine levels are at 5.2.

Comment from: Surendra Lal Sud, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 31

My creatinine has gone up from 1.4 in June 2015 to 1.46 in January 2016 and now it is 1.56.

Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?