Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Results

Why did your health care professional want to check your creatinine levels?

Comment from: TODI, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I"m checked regular because of my lung transplant. I take immunosuppressants. My last creatinine level was 2.1 and Prograf was 11.5.

Comment from: Kiwi Val, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

My doctor wanted to test my creatinine levels because I am obese and diabetic for 18 years, type 2. Blood pressure runs at 145/86 4 hours after medicines, but often 185/99 before. Blood creatinine was 73 umol/L giving EGFR 74, 5 months later was 98, giving GFR 52. I was worried, but 3 weeks later it was back to previous test.

Comment from: Hassan, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

My blood test shows urea (serum) 21 and creatinine (serum) 0.6. I had a severe fever with extra severe cold frequently and after two or three months regularly with fatigue, and my physician suggested this test.

Comment from: bev66, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I have Crohn's disease and was on TPN (total parenteral nutrition) for 9 months. I came off of it in July and since then I have been craving salty foods/drinks. My monthly blood tests for creatinine levels have ranged from 166 to 154 to 148 can't get it lower than that. I have been referred to a renal doctor now.

Comment from: kkkalarm, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 20

My husband"s creatinine level was 189.0. They did the 24 hour urine test recently. He has had prostate cancer and kidney cancer in the last two years. They removed 1/2 of the kidney. This high number alarms me.

Comment from: AJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

It was a required test to quality for long term care insurance. Mine was high, but I still qualified for the insurance.

Comment from: suzz12095, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

My health care professional wanted to check my creatinine levels because they were higher than the last time.

Comment from: GOYAL, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 28

I had problems of urinary infection and also enlarged prostate. My blood pressure with some medication is 110/70, Pulse 60 and weight 83 Kg. My blood test showed urea 52 creatinine 1.4 NA 14 K 5.6 CA 10 P 2.8. It indicates higher levels of Creatinine and K.

Comment from: J.Allen, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 16

I recently received the results of urine testing that indicated my creatinine levels were elevated beyond the normal range. My doctor said it's probably associated with my BP meds and since the elevation was around 3% above the upper level, I would have to look at increasing my exercising and weight loss to aid in eliminating my BP meds. I don't have any symptoms and drink 12-16 ounces of water 5-6 times a day. Some people will fall out of the normal range simply due to their biological makeup and types of medications they are on.

Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.