Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Results

Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?

Comment from: gerry, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 13

My healthcare professional wanted to check my creatinine levels because I had excessive perspiration, any season, temperature, altitude, etc.

Comment from: kio, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 20

My healthcare professional wanted to check my creatinine levels because of my symptoms of thirst, frequent urination, salty taste, weight loss.

Comment from: Rakey, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 19

I had been sick for a long time and had every test in the books. My creatinine level is 1.36. I got fed up and changed doctors. My new doctor checked my creatinine test results and found the high levels recorded back in 2015. Thank goodness he did. My old doctor was asleep at the wheel. I am being instructed to drink enough water so I can urinate every two hours, and I will be retested in two months.

Comment from: Tom tom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

My healthcare professional wanted to check my creatinine levels because I had frequent urination.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

I am a 55 year old female. I had irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for several years. I believe that IBS is a name that doctors use when they are not sure what the cause of constant IBS is. What I found out just recently after 10 or so years and many doctors is that an antibiotic was the cause of mine. I had what is called Clostridium difficile Infection. This is when the good and bad bacteria in your colon is interrupted, caused by antibiotics. Please be checked for this I had it a long time before I was diagnosed. I'm absolutely fine now and can eat anything I want, I just had my gallbladder out a year ago and I am fine.

Comment from: Nadeem, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 23

My mother has recently been tested for creatinine, her level of the same test is 4.58 mg/dl although normal range for creatinine is 0.5 to 0.9.

Comment from: rose carty, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I am wondering why I have to have urine test for creatinine every 3 months.

Comment from: HLMencken, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 20

I am 69 years-old. I recently had two blood tests taken a couple of weeks apart that showed that my creatinine levels were above the normal maximum level for males of my age. My doctor told me to discontinue taking fenofibrate and take another blood test in a month. Meanwhile, I just had a bladder and renal ultrasound done and everything was normal. I am a gym rat and it is my guess that my muscle mass and workout contribute to the higher creatinine level.

Comment from: kamal t., 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 15

My health care professional wanted to check my creatinine levels to check the condition of the kidney, lower the creatine level in blood means the kidney is functioning better.

Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?