Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Results

Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

I am a 55 year old female. I had irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for several years. I believe that IBS is a name that doctors use when they are not sure what the cause of constant IBS is. What I found out just recently after 10 or so years and many doctors is that an antibiotic was the cause of mine. I had what is called Clostridium difficile Infection. This is when the good and bad bacteria in your colon is interrupted, caused by antibiotics. Please be checked for this I had it a long time before I was diagnosed. I'm absolutely fine now and can eat anything I want, I just had my gallbladder out a year ago and I am fine.

Comment from: HLMencken, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 20

I am 69 years-old. I recently had two blood tests taken a couple of weeks apart that showed that my creatinine levels were above the normal maximum level for males of my age. My doctor told me to discontinue taking fenofibrate and take another blood test in a month. Meanwhile, I just had a bladder and renal ultrasound done and everything was normal. I am a gym rat and it is my guess that my muscle mass and workout contribute to the higher creatinine level.

Comment from: kamal t., 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 15

My health care professional wanted to check my creatinine levels to check the condition of the kidney, lower the creatine level in blood means the kidney is functioning better.

Comment from: donna0718, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

I had cancer of the ureter. It killed my kidney. So I have one kidney. Which is why my creatinine level was checked. My creatinine level just got higher. And I wonder how to lower it.

Comment from: CHANDRU, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 29

I had a slight ankle and pedal edema in my left leg. So I saw the doctor and he asked me to check my creatinine level. My serum creatinine is 0.83mg/dl, urine creatinine is 85mg/dl and urine protein is 20mg/dl and protein creatinine ratio is 0.2:1.

Comment from: Md. Nesar U. M., 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 11

Creatinine level result was 10.60. I had no dialysis, it was solved with medicines.

Comment from: Al, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 09

I just had CT Scans and then an MRI and contrast dye to eyeball my brain. I had lab work prior to the MRI and my creatinine was 0.70 (0.67-1.17 mg/dl) (kidney function).

Comment from: Collart, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 12

After my annual checkup with my doctor I received my report indicating that my creatinine level was 0.90 H.

Comment from: TODI, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I"m checked regular because of my lung transplant. I take immunosuppressants. My last creatinine level was 2.1 and Prograf was 11.5.

Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?