Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Results

Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?

Comment from: Curt, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 23

My creatinine level has risen in last 6 months from 1.3 to 1.6 nd bun level from 33.0 to 42.8.

Comment from: Roy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

I am 68 year old male with heart failure. I have just had a blood test, previous creatinine levels have been 140-150 the most recent test gave a level of 169 I have been taking double the amount of furosomide for the last couple of weeks for breathing problems which I associated with water retention The G.P. has reduced the amount of furosomide by half to 40mg. I will have another blood test done shortly and have been told that the reason for the increased level is due to the heart and the kidneys fighting to balance out my system.

Comment from: KSutton313, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I'm female, with a creatinine level of 1.1. I'm severely dehydrated, and have started drinking plenty of water. I have some cramps in my legs. My energy level is low, there is some ringing in my ears at times, and I have a salty taste in my mouth. I just started taking magnesium for the cramps, but have no idea if drinking more water and taking magnesium will relieve these symptoms.

Comment from: kathy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I just went to doctor this week and was just called and told that my creatanine level was high. I was not told numbers (said they could not give out numbers). They told me not to take any pain medications and if needed only take a Tylenol about once a week. I am very concerned about this because I have never had any problems and I am very worried about kidney failure, etc.

Comment from: Jenny 2010, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

First Creatinine level was 1.05 three months ago. I had been taking Mobic for a long time. Second creatinine blood levels 1.22. 5 days ago. Advised not to take any analgesic except Tylenol. No problems with creatinine levels ever. Last medication added was Solodyn 65 mg for Adult Acne.

Comment from: Hanley, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I just had a blood test done and my Creatinine Ratio is 31 and flagged as HIGH. The normal levels in this report are 11 - 26. My Doctor did not say anyhting about this but I had requested a copy of the Lab report for my records and this is how I found out.

Comment from: june, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

My doctor has informed me that my creatinine blood levels are abnormally high and have been high for some time. However I have constantly stayed at this high level for more than 3 years. They have no peaks and stay high.

Comment from: JN, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

I'm 57, male, have diabetics and cholesterol for the past 7 years. I've been taking 200mg cap of FENOFIBRATE for the past 5 months to lower my LDC-L. In the recent blood test, it lowered my LDC-L from 3.04 to 2.39 mmol/L but my Creatinine level increases from 115 umoI/L to 130.

Comment from: aleo, 65-74 Male Published: February 24

Creatinine level is 118. I jogged 140 miles in 30 days before the test.

Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?