Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Results

Why did your health care professional want to check your creatinine levels?

Comment from: kathy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I just went to doctor this week and was just called and told that my creatanine level was high. I was not told numbers (said they could not give out numbers). They told me not to take any pain medications and if needed only take a Tylenol about once a week. I am very concerned about this because I have never had any problems and I am very worried about kidney failure, etc.

Comment from: Jenny 2010, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

First Creatinine level was 1.05 three months ago. I had been taking Mobic for a long time. Second creatinine blood levels 1.22. 5 days ago. Advised not to take any analgesic except Tylenol. No problems with creatinine levels ever. Last medication added was Solodyn 65 mg for Adult Acne.

Comment from: Hanley, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I just had a blood test done and my Creatinine Ratio is 31 and flagged as HIGH. The normal levels in this report are 11 - 26. My Doctor did not say anyhting about this but I had requested a copy of the Lab report for my records and this is how I found out.

Comment from: june, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

My doctor has informed me that my creatinine blood levels are abnormally high and have been high for some time. However I have constantly stayed at this high level for more than 3 years. They have no peaks and stay high.

Comment from: JN, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

I'm 57, male, have diabetics and cholesterol for the past 7 years. I've been taking 200mg cap of FENOFIBRATE for the past 5 months to lower my LDC-L. In the recent blood test, it lowered my LDC-L from 3.04 to 2.39 mmol/L but my Creatinine level increases from 115 umoI/L to 130.

Comment from: aleo, 65-74 Male Published: February 24

Creatinine level is 118. I jogged 140 miles in 30 days before the test.

Comment from: Kathie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I donated a kidney to a friend in 8/09. Since then, my creatinine has ranged from 1.3 to 1.9 at my annual visit. Meanwhile, my recipient's CR has been steady at 1.2. I regularly workout with weights and do intense spin classes. The nephrologists believed the elevated CR was due to these factors. He ordered a Glo-Fil test as a more accurate measure of my kidney's function. The good news is that my result was 66, down from 90 prior to nephrectomy, but normal for someone of my size and age with one kidney. My advice to everyone is to drink lots of water. It's the best thing you can do for kidney health.

Published: November 19

At age 42 I have lifted weights since the age of 15, and have eaten high levels of protein for muscle synthesis and reduced catabolism. I think these factors are making the blood creatine high.

Comment from: KAS, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 17

I am a 25 years old woman and I am 20 weeks pregnant. I really want this baby however my creatinine is 502 at present. The only option given to me is a TOP (Termination of Pregnancy). I need some advice regarding my option as I am very young and might opt for early transplant instead of dialysis after.

Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.