Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Results

Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?

Comment from: G.Krishnamoorthy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I am a diabetic and BP (blood pressure) patient. I have been keeping my cholesterol well within limits taking medicines. I take medicines for diabetes and BP. My creatinine level is now 1.6 as against 1.3 I had 3 months back.

Comment from: Kentucky Girl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I am a Female 43, I just got my Blood test back and my Creatinine level was 0.54 and my Hemoglobin was 10.2,Hematocrit was 33.1 and MCH was 25.6 and MCHC was 30.8 the paper said they were all low should i be concerned?

Comment from: sk, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

My urea was normal, and my creatinine was 1.1 (normal range shown was 0.5-0.8). Since I have high blood pressure and was on medication (Diovan), it went up considerably two weeks ago – 160/110 – so I doubled the dose. My doctor said that after blood test I need to get abdominal scan. I'm still waiting for insurance approval.

Comment from: Danik, 3-6 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

My son is 5 years old, and has creatinine as low as 37. The doctor says its fine, but I don't think so. I need the help of another doctor.

Comment from: magros2, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I donated a kidney to my twin brother almost 3 years ago. I make it a point to have kidney function tested at least every 6-9 mos. on my most recent renal panel, the numbers for creatinine, serum for slightly elevated. It was 1.11. My physician referred me to a specialist for further tests. I'm really worried, because my remaining kidney also doesn't seem to be filtering as it should. The doctor said normal is 56, and my test show 59. Just wondering if this is something of concern, or if it's just because I have only one kidney. My previous labs have never shown any issues, so now that they did; it's a concern to me.

Comment from: hynat@aol.com, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: April 05

Today, my doctor reported that my count was 4+. He said I should be ready for dialysis.

Comment from: Tas, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

I have lupus nephritis, and I just had my bi-annual checkup. My creatinine is 1.8, and my doctor is thrilled. I have lost 30 pounds in nine months, and I have been exercising regularly. I am totally free of any lupus symptoms, and even my hair has grown back! I feel great!

Comment from: Beatrice, 45-54 (Patient) Published: May 31

My creatinine has been slightly above normal now for 6 mos. I also had significant SOB, which the doctors contributed to asthma, and severe edema in BLE, hands, face and under eyes. My sister had a kidney tumor and is now functioning with one kidney and has diabetes. The doctors say I am pre-diabetic also and am controlling that via diet. All these symptoms together over a relevant period of time lead to glomular nephritis, not good. I go for renal vascular Doppler studies tomorrow. Please pray for me.

Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?