Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Results

Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?

Comment from: GOYAL, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 28

I had problems of urinary infection and also enlarged prostate. My blood pressure with some medication is 110/70, Pulse 60 and weight 83 Kg. My blood test showed urea 52 creatinine 1.4 NA 14 K 5.6 CA 10 P 2.8. It indicates higher levels of Creatinine and K.

Comment from: J.Allen, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 16

I recently received the results of urine testing that indicated my creatinine levels were elevated beyond the normal range. My doctor said it's probably associated with my BP meds and since the elevation was around 3% above the upper level, I would have to look at increasing my exercising and weight loss to aid in eliminating my BP meds. I don't have any symptoms and drink 12-16 ounces of water 5-6 times a day. Some people will fall out of the normal range simply due to their biological makeup and types of medications they are on.

Comment from: main pain, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 10

I am allegedly infected with rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. During the past two years a doctor has prescribed medicine to reduce the associated pain which at times is significant. During this period our family doctor has noticed a rise in Creatinine up to and exceeding the prescribed range. The culprit in this case was suspected to be the arthritis anti pain medication. It was not used for the next two weeks during which time the pain level rose and the Creatinine level fell which was demonstrated by lab studies. Following that period, a different arthritis anti pain medication was used for the next three weeks. The creatinine level rose again while the pain level fell again as demonstrated by lab studies. This same exercise was continued with three other arthritis anti pain medication with the same results. I am now without benefit of any arthritis anti pain medication enduring significant pain while the Creatinine is within the prescribed range once more. Other pain medications do not appear to satisfy the arthritis pain receptors and control the level of pain.

Comment from: Sue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

Two months ago I had a standing order blood work done and the doctor's office called and told me my kidneys were failing and to go off my nabumetone (relafin) right away and I had to go to a nephrologist after having an ultra sound of my kidneys and more blood work. I went to the nephrologist yesterday (a wonderful doctor!!) and he took the time to explain everything to me. I had been off the nabumetone for two months and my creatine levels came down a little to .9 but the doctor told me not to take any Nsaids because they can cause kidney problems but will have to have more blood work done in a couple of months to keep an eye on it. Scary!

Comment from: Md. Nesar U. M., 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 11

Creatinine level result was 10.60. I had no dialysis, it was solved with medicines.

Comment from: Al, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 09

I just had CT Scans and then an MRI and contrast dye to eyeball my brain. I had lab work prior to the MRI and my creatinine was 0.70 (0.67-1.17 mg/dl) (kidney function).

Comment from: Miniatus, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 05

Yesterday I went to see the eye, nose and throat specialist because I'm always choking. Well anyway he sent me for a creatinine blood test and I don't know why.

Comment from: suzz12095, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

My health care professional wanted to check my creatinine levels because they were higher than the last time.

Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?