Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Results

Why did your health care professional want to check your creatinine levels?

Comment from: main pain, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 10

I am allegedly infected with rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. During the past two years a doctor has prescribed medicine to reduce the associated pain which at times is significant. During this period our family doctor has noticed a rise in Creatinine up to and exceeding the prescribed range. The culprit in this case was suspected to be the arthritis anti pain medication. It was not used for the next two weeks during which time the pain level rose and the Creatinine level fell which was demonstrated by lab studies. Following that period, a different arthritis anti pain medication was used for the next three weeks. The creatinine level rose again while the pain level fell again as demonstrated by lab studies. This same exercise was continued with three other arthritis anti pain medication with the same results. I am now without benefit of any arthritis anti pain medication enduring significant pain while the Creatinine is within the prescribed range once more. Other pain medications do not appear to satisfy the arthritis pain receptors and control the level of pain.

Comment from: Sue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

Two months ago I had a standing order blood work done and the doctor's office called and told me my kidneys were failing and to go off my nabumetone (relafin) right away and I had to go to a nephrologist after having an ultra sound of my kidneys and more blood work. I went to the nephrologist yesterday (a wonderful doctor!!) and he took the time to explain everything to me. I had been off the nabumetone for two months and my creatine levels came down a little to .9 but the doctor told me not to take any Nsaids because they can cause kidney problems but will have to have more blood work done in a couple of months to keep an eye on it. Scary!

Comment from: suzz12095, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

My health care professional wanted to check my creatinine levels because they were higher than the last time.

Comment from: G.Krishnamoorthy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I am a diabetic and BP (blood pressure) patient. I have been keeping my cholesterol well within limits taking medicines. I take medicines for diabetes and BP. My creatinine level is now 1.6 as against 1.3 I had 3 months back.

Comment from: Kentucky Girl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I am a Female 43, I just got my Blood test back and my Creatinine level was 0.54 and my Hemoglobin was 10.2,Hematocrit was 33.1 and MCH was 25.6 and MCHC was 30.8 the paper said they were all low should i be concerned?

Comment from: sk, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

My urea was normal, and my creatinine was 1.1 (normal range shown was 0.5-0.8). Since I have high blood pressure and was on medication (Diovan), it went up considerably two weeks ago – 160/110 – so I doubled the dose. My doctor said that after blood test I need to get abdominal scan. I'm still waiting for insurance approval.

Comment from: Danik, 3-6 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

My son is 5 years old, and has creatinine as low as 37. The doctor says its fine, but I don't think so. I need the help of another doctor.

Comment from: magros2, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I donated a kidney to my twin brother almost 3 years ago. I make it a point to have kidney function tested at least every 6-9 mos. on my most recent renal panel, the numbers for creatinine, serum for slightly elevated. It was 1.11. My physician referred me to a specialist for further tests. I'm really worried, because my remaining kidney also doesn't seem to be filtering as it should. The doctor said normal is 56, and my test show 59. Just wondering if this is something of concern, or if it's just because I have only one kidney. My previous labs have never shown any issues, so now that they did; it's a concern to me.

Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.