Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Results

Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?

Comment from: donna0718, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

I had cancer of the ureter. It killed my kidney. So I have one kidney. Which is why my creatinine level was checked. My creatinine level just got higher. And I wonder how to lower it.

Comment from: CHANDRU, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 29

I had a slight ankle and pedal edema in my left leg. So I saw the doctor and he asked me to check my creatinine level. My serum creatinine is 0.83mg/dl, urine creatinine is 85mg/dl and urine protein is 20mg/dl and protein creatinine ratio is 0.2:1.

Comment from: TODI, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I"m checked regular because of my lung transplant. I take immunosuppressants. My last creatinine level was 2.1 and Prograf was 11.5.

Comment from: Kiwi Val, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

My doctor wanted to test my creatinine levels because I am obese and diabetic for 18 years, type 2. Blood pressure runs at 145/86 4 hours after medicines, but often 185/99 before. Blood creatinine was 73 umol/L giving EGFR 74, 5 months later was 98, giving GFR 52. I was worried, but 3 weeks later it was back to previous test.

Comment from: Hassan, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

My blood test shows urea (serum) 21 and creatinine (serum) 0.6. I had a severe fever with extra severe cold frequently and after two or three months regularly with fatigue, and my physician suggested this test.

Comment from: bev66, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I have Crohn's disease and was on TPN (total parenteral nutrition) for 9 months. I came off of it in July and since then I have been craving salty foods/drinks. My monthly blood tests for creatinine levels have ranged from 166 to 154 to 148 can't get it lower than that. I have been referred to a renal doctor now.

Comment from: injleen, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 25

I have patches on skin and swollen legs, so my healthcare professional wanted to check my creatinine levels.

Comment from: Collart, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 12

After my annual checkup with my doctor I received my report indicating that my creatinine level was 0.90 H.

Comment from: Parisite, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

About one year ago after taking 500 mg of naproxen twice a day for several years for arthritis, my ankles began to swell daily. When I had a physical, my lab tests showed an elevated level of creatinine. My doctor said it was from the naproxen and took me off it. Now I'm unable to take any anti-inflammatory medicines for arthritis.

Comment from: PC, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: November 04

My 82 year old father had a CT scan with contrast. His creatinine level is 1.6. Lab tests were done on 10/29 and repeated on 10/31. The results are unchanged. He has a neo bladder as a result of cancer 10 years ago.

Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?