Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Results

Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?

Comment from: TODI, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I"m checked regular because of my lung transplant. I take immunosuppressants. My last creatinine level was 2.1 and Prograf was 11.5.

Comment from: Kiwi Val, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

My doctor wanted to test my creatinine levels because I am obese and diabetic for 18 years, type 2. Blood pressure runs at 145/86 4 hours after medicines, but often 185/99 before. Blood creatinine was 73 umol/L giving EGFR 74, 5 months later was 98, giving GFR 52. I was worried, but 3 weeks later it was back to previous test.

Comment from: Hassan, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

My blood test shows urea (serum) 21 and creatinine (serum) 0.6. I had a severe fever with extra severe cold frequently and after two or three months regularly with fatigue, and my physician suggested this test.

Comment from: bev66, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I have Crohn's disease and was on TPN (total parenteral nutrition) for 9 months. I came off of it in July and since then I have been craving salty foods/drinks. My monthly blood tests for creatinine levels have ranged from 166 to 154 to 148 can't get it lower than that. I have been referred to a renal doctor now.

Comment from: Collart, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 12

After my annual checkup with my doctor I received my report indicating that my creatinine level was 0.90 H.

Comment from: Parisite, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

About one year ago after taking 500 mg of naproxen twice a day for several years for arthritis, my ankles began to swell daily. When I had a physical, my lab tests showed an elevated level of creatinine. My doctor said it was from the naproxen and took me off it. Now I'm unable to take any anti-inflammatory medicines for arthritis.

Comment from: PC, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: November 04

My 82 year old father had a CT scan with contrast. His creatinine level is 1.6. Lab tests were done on 10/29 and repeated on 10/31. The results are unchanged. He has a neo bladder as a result of cancer 10 years ago.

Comment from: kkkalarm, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 20

My husband"s creatinine level was 189.0. They did the 24 hour urine test recently. He has had prostate cancer and kidney cancer in the last two years. They removed 1/2 of the kidney. This high number alarms me.

Comment from: AJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

It was a required test to quality for long term care insurance. Mine was high, but I still qualified for the insurance.

Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?