Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Level - Experience

Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.

Comment from: RajH, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 14

I am about 59 years and healthy. I"ve had a Lap cholecystectomy and TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate) in December 2012. Recently during a routine blood screening my serum creatinine levels were at 77 which is a little lower than the normal reference levels.

Comment from: TODI, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I have neuropathy in my feet, fatigue at times, depending on Prograf and sugar levels. After my lung transplant surgery 8 years ago my creatinine level moved from 1.5 to 2.1.

Comment from: Barb, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

Recently I was told I had CHF (congestive heart failure), now my blood pressure went to 90/48. My potassium and magnesium levels went low, and now creatinine level was 2.8. I already have diabetes type 2 well controlled, high blood pressure, and asthma.

Comment from: Creatinine, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 09

My child blood creatinine is 2.4 instead of 0.6 to 1.4 and blood urea is 75 instead of 10 to 40 for past 2 years. Now hameopathy medicine is taking. GFR level is poor.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 29

I have been a diabetic patient for the past 15 years. Recently, I checked my creatinine level and found that it is 2.6 mg. As advised by my doctor, I took medication, but still the creatinine level stands at 2.6 mg.

Comment from: solfamorrillo, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

Recently, my creatine level tested at 0.60. I don't know what this means.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your health care professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?