Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Level - Experience

Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.

Comment from: BC, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I have CK levels of up to 2000 when resting and even went up to 8000 without doing exercise, experiencing extreme pain in my quadriceps only, the rest of my legs are pain free and fully functional. I have done MRI of my spine and leg muscles, and aortogram looking at arteries. They have done over 1000 blood tests and muscle biopsy and still they have found no diagnosis.

Comment from: Angelmate, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I had my left kidney removed many years ago and was told I'd be ok to live with just one kidney. However having had an incontinent bladder for most of my life caused many urinary tract infections (UTIs). I had bladder cancer and I thought that would be it, sadly I was wrong, I had new bladder reconstruction 3 years ago which went very wrong. Then last year I had a Mitrofanoff. All this time I have had chronic UTIs, now my kidney is getting worse and my creatine levels have gone from 110 to 150 and my latest one was 180. I know my function is deteriorating and I am told I am going into CKD (chronic kidney disease) stage 5 or 6, wonder if it will mean dialysis. Personally I hope so because I am frequently anemic and feel some hope.

Comment from: Concerned mom, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 03

My daughter recently spent 4 days in the hospital with severe right back pain and uncontrollable vomiting. As she was poked and prodded they found she has a kidney stone on her left kidney a polyp in her gallbladder, inflammation around her right kidney and ascending colon, and an enlarged thyroid. She has been a healthy active 15 year old. Her creatinine level started rising as high as 1.7 with no explanation or diagnosis!

Comment from: Mom47, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

Annual BMP showed creatinine level was below normal (.56) and BUN was 9. I am a 47 year old Caucasian woman. My doctor told me that creatinine was a waste product produced by the kidneys and the low levels meant that my kidneys were functioning above average. Just a little concerned as my brother had a kidney removed due to cancer.

Comment from: RajH, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 14

I am about 59 years and healthy. I"ve had a Lap cholecystectomy and TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate) in December 2012. Recently during a routine blood screening my serum creatinine levels were at 77 which is a little lower than the normal reference levels.

Comment from: kenny, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

My husband had kidney removed because of cancerous tumor. On January 1, 2015 they noticed a few tumors on the other kidney but did not remove it, but took a piece off and had it sent away for analysis. Three months later we were told his other kidney was also cancerous, and since March his creatinine level has risen 44 points and every month it goes higher, and his G level goes down. It is down to 34. Once this hits 30 is it a sign that his kidney is failing. They tell us a transplant is not going to happen because if they cut him the cancer will spread like wildfire, but they tell him not to worry.

Comment from: ZEBA, 25-34 (Patient) Published: February 10

I am 34 years old and my creatinine is 1.88. There is infection in urine and also protein level is high. I don't know what to do.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 14

My creatinine level is low, 0.7.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?